Design > Stunt design

Making Rib Sets

<< < (2/4) > >>

pmackenzie:
Like anything else, there is a bit of a learning curve :)

A video might help:

Once you get it to do something, you will get a better idea how to do other things.

Dennis Toth:
Ken,
Other option is to find a ship that is close enough for the wing style you want and order a set of laser cut ribs (Brodak has them for all their kits), then design around it for the ship you like. I have ordered several rib sets and it is well worth the money and time saved. Also could look at Bob Hunts lost foam approach as I think he could offer the core cut for the warren truss to give you rib templates.

Best,    DennisT

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Dennis Toth on June 11, 2021, 06:01:22 AM ---Ken,
Other option is to find a ship that is close enough for the wing style you want and order a set of laser cut ribs (Brodak has them for all their kits), then design around it for the ship you like. I have ordered several rib sets and it is well worth the money and time saved. Also could look at Bob Hunts lost foam approach as I think he could offer the core cut for the warren truss to give you rib templates.

Best,    DennisT

--- End quote ---
I have done that with a Brodak set that was close before and I agree it was well worth it.  I looked through their set and didn't find anything close to the Thunderbolt/gazer.  If what I am building now were not a "classic" I would do the lost foam but it isn't.  I am stretching it as much as I can internally but I think the Warren truss might be a bridge too far.  I do think it might be a good idea though to get a lost foam mold for my PA design before he retires again.

Ken

pmackenzie:
To do geodetic ribs you need the paid program, with the $21 lofting option add on.

Serge_Krauss:
Profili is a good option. It comes with a wide variety of extra functions, but the old basic has been sufficient for me to accomplish what you want to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version