News:

• April 27, 2024, 10:36:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hey Adamisin Gang & SPARKY...Tell US bout' these two beautiful models?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
While surfing for shots of our amazingly gifted CLPA flyer and stunt judge who I hear is going to attend our NW regionals this year---- RANDI GIFFORD...is hoping to attend the NW regionals.....and traveling all the way from IOWA!!!
(years ago...in 1954 I lived only a few miles from her home town)-------and was really addicted to control line in those early formative years. (Must be somethin' in the Corn food chain around those parts of the county that start a craving for the smell of dope fumes and balsa dust? LL~

HEY ADAMISIN GANG!!
I remember asking about this beautiful V tail model...MANY MANY  IOWA  MOONS' AGO???... LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Archie Adamisin

• Commander
Shultzie,

The White V-Tail is my Gemini MKI that was new for the 1989 Tri-Cities Nats.  I took 2nd to Nat Gifford that year, & the following year in Vincennes, and then the following year to Todd Lee in Vincennes.  I also got 2nd in Vincennes with it flying in Advanced to Jose Modesto I think??? 

It was published in Flying Models August 1991.  I was lucky enough to make the cover with it.

Specs:

Wing Span 63"
Wing Area 620 sq in
Fuse Length 44.5"
Stab Dihedral 120 deg
RTF Weight 51 ounces

Powered by a Big Art & Dave Adamisin Modified OS FP 40. 

Model flew on 63' lines and flew @ 5.6 sec/lap.  It was a great flying model and still flies to this day.  Still has an FP 40 in it.  Would make an excellent electric conversion as it is a very clean model and builds light.

Archie Adamisin
Muncie, Indiana
Archie Adamisin
Burlington, KY

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Thanks Arch....for the details on that great lookin V machine of yours...OUTSTANDINGLY BEAUTIFUL MODEL!
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Hey Schultzie, that sweet lady is already spoken for.  You will fall in love with her imediately.  Russ has a real gem with her.   #^ #^ H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Hey Schultzie, that sweet lady is already spoken for.  You will fall in love with her imediately.  Russ has a real gem with her.   #^ #^ H^^

Thanks Doc!
 We are Blessed. and so fortunate to have her bring some of that famous IOWA SUMMA' SUN SHINE to our dark n' rainy NW!
Don Shultz

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
Gemini MKI that was new for the 1989 Tri-Cities Nats. ...

It was published in Flying Models August 1991.
I sometimes run into these Adamisin Gang designs, and usually find it hard to find much detailed information. Flying Models does not seem to list back issues that far back...

I find the styling, at least, unique and attractive. (I am not really qualified to say anything about them technically)  H^^

Is there any place on the net that is good for drooling over more of your designs?  #^
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here