Design > Stunt design

Flap design - Flat surface or contoured to follow the airfoil?

<< < (7/7)

Bob Hunt:
I ran across a photo that somewhat illustrates the point I made above about thicker flap leading edges (top to bottom). This photo shows just how thick (deep?) the trailing edge of the wing on my Wildfire twin is. Naturally the corresponding flap follows the airfoil, and it's leading edge is just as thick or deep.. Again, this makes for a very rigid flap that will not twist when driven from one end as is the tendency for a thinner flap.   

Later - Bob Hunt

doug coursey:

--- Quote from: Bob Hunt on April 07, 2024, 06:23:27 AM ---I ran across a photo that somewhat illustrates the point I made above about thicker flap leading edges (top to bottom). This photo shows just how thick (deep?) the trailing edge of the wing on my Wildfire twin is. Naturally the corresponding flap follows the airfoil, and it's leading edge is just as thick or deep.. Again, this makes for a very rigid flap that will not twist when driven from one end is the tendency for a thinner flap.   

Later - Bob Hunt

--- End quote ---
   is that a foam wing or a lost foam version like your tucker

Bob Hunt:
That's a foam wing that was done in what I call the "reverse composite construction" method. It features a 3/4-inch swept forward trailing edge; something I firmly believe in.

Later - Bob 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version