News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:56:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DOODLEBUG PLAN  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Ed OBrien

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
DOODLEBUG PLAN
« on: October 17, 2019, 07:19:33 PM »
Can anyone provide a copy of the construction article for the Netzeband Doodlebug Plan CD158? The Flying Model Plans web site shows the publish date as 03/02. Yeah, I had a copy once too. I'm thinking the article might be helpful for the construction of a Doodlebug 330. As penance for my appalling storage ability I will be happy to send $$.

Ed OBrien

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: DOODLEBUG PLAN
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »
Try and run down the last editor.  He tried to make arrangements to get mag going again but it didn't work out.  He did say that he had all the plans available either as printed plans or reprints.
Unfortunately I have never gotten any new  contact info.
phil Cartier

Offline Ed OBrien

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 10:23:37 AM »
Thanks Phil. I have a set of plans for the 330 version. Which was never published in the modeling press. I was thinking that the construction article for the 440 sq in version might be helpful since I have been away from control line for more than 15 years. The 440 construction article was in one of the last issues of flying models I had.

Cheers,
Ed OBrien

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 08:14:01 PM »
    Hi ed;
  Stand by this weekend, if I get enough irons out of the fire I'll dig out the mag, scan the article and email it to you. If you want a paper copy, send me your address. I got a kit of a .25 size Doodlebug from Eric Rule once, don't know if RSM still has it in their kit line. I have the plans for the .40 size also, and I think I have the smaller 1/2A versions also. neat airplane and for sure on the build list, if I live long enough!
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Ed OBrien

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 11:50:57 AM »
Hey Dan,

Good to hear from you. If you could copy the CONSTRUCTION ARTICLE ONLY for the Doodlebug 400 that would be great. If anyone had that back issue I knew it would be you. Let me know much $$$ I need to send you.

My mailing address is:

Ed OBrien
P. O. Box 414
Manchester CT, 06045

BTY, I still have the cover of the May 1960 issue of American Modeler framed and hanging up in my room.

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 05:00:10 PM »
    Hi ed;
  Stand by this weekend, if I get enough irons out of the fire I'll dig out the mag, scan the article and email it to you. If you want a paper copy, send me your address. I got a kit of a .25 size Doodlebug from Eric Rule once, don't know if RSM still has it in their kit line. I have the plans for the .40 size also, and I think I have the smaller 1/2A versions also. neat airplane and for sure on the build list, if I live long enough!
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Hi Dan & Ed,

Sorry for being so late to the party on this post but I'd like to say that I took over the kitting of all the kits in the  Doodlebug series several years back. And I really don't want to hijack this post, so I'll try to make my reply as short as I can.

When I do have the others ready to offer to the community I will definitely post kit offerings for them in my vendors section but for now let me just mention that I currently have been making the Doodlebug 440's (25-35) since taking the series over and I just a few months ago cut a sample for the Doodlebug 168 (1/2A).

In addition, I have been slowly working on all of the rest of them. So far we have the 330 (.15-.21) almost completed, and the 540 and 540F (.40 size) the (F) means with flaps. These two are also in the works and are very close to being completed. Sadly since Bob Kruger passed away the cad work has slowed down quit a bit, I do get help from a couple of excellent draftsmen but they have jobs to keep them busy during the day and IN don't want to push them to their limits of help and generosity.   

In addition with the current cost increase and wood shortage as it is I can not say when they will be ready but it obviously will have to be sometime next year; my goal is for the spring but we'll have to see what happens.

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 10:39:48 AM »
The Doodle Bug is an unusual looking design, but construction is straight forward like any other plane.  ai built mine with out a construction article. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 03:21:35 PM »
Hey Doc; A little off topic, but do you remember the Doodle Bug motor scooters; I bought my first one used when I was 10. Been a two wheel fanatic ever since. First Harley when I was 14. A 1942 "45" flat head.

Sorry for trivia on your thread Ed.
Jim Kraft

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 05:04:21 PM »
I was twelve when I had a chance to get a Cushman,  but Mom said no.  Maybe I should have went for a Harley like my brothers rode.   D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dennis Saydak

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »
I have the article scanned. Check your email.
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race.....you find the rats just get faster! MAAC 13120L

Offline Ed OBrien

• New Pilot
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 05:51:36 PM »
Dennis,

Yesterday I received an email regarding the Doodlebug asking for my email address. I responded but my email was undeliverable???? Are you sparky??

Ed OBrien

Offline Steve_Pollock

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2019, 10:55:18 AM »
Doodlebug build instructions are available on the.  airfieldmodels.com   web site.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here