News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:30:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodack Accentor...update on Accentor  (Read 8645 times)

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Brodack Accentor...update on Accentor
« on: July 26, 2015, 06:16:45 PM »
I was blessed in someone donating the Brodack Accentor.I have NO plans or instructions with the aircraft. I need to know where the CG is located. What is the measurement from the leading edge to CG ?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:10:06 PM by tom creasey »
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Brodack Accentor
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »
If it's a typical stunt plane, probably in the vicinity of the front of the spar.  Hopefully someone will come on with better info.

What's an Accentor?
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »
This is the Brodack Accentor. I have if hanging of Vanessa ready to do weight and balance.

finished except for AMA number and stickers. Took 28 hours to cover with monokote. and I cut out slots on my landing gear. AWESOME flying airplane. Needs very little trim yet
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:57:53 PM by tom creasey »
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 08:02:13 PM »
Since no one else has weighed in:

For the first flight I'd go a tad bit further forward, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch.  CG forward planes are dreadfully sluggish.  CG back planes are just dreadful.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 08:08:16 PM »
what about figuring MAC ? I have the CG calculator but it is a still a percentage. Tim I thank you for your input about the spar....but I would like to find someone who has the blueprints with the dimension. I have sent out e-mails...text's....forms...LOL....hopefully someone will come up with the right answer. LOL
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:01:06 PM by tom creasey »
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »
I'll email you the plans - shows the CG
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 10:21:10 PM »
Gas or elec?

Offline Joseph Daly

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 07:46:11 AM »
2 3/8" from the leading edge.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 09:05:53 AM »
Tim I thank you for your input about the spar....but I would like to find someone who has the blueprints with the dimension.

I'm glad you did!
AMA 64232

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »
Thank you Wynn for the e-mail of the plans. I just woke up and waiting for the coffee pot to brew and I opened my e-mail hoping someone sent something and BAM, there it was.....you put a smile on my face. So far my day has been super. Thank Tim and Joesph for taking the time to getting back to someone who is in need. I am grateful for the fast response.
Wynn....since the plans where in a smaller scale. I went and measure a location on the fuselage with a set of digital calipers and then went into the office and enlarged the laptop window to achieve the dimension that was lock and set from the fuselage and then used the calipers to measure from the leading edge of the wing to CG. The magic number is 2.253 of an inche. I think this would be the way to get the e-mail plans to full scale. Is there another way to get full size plans with out paying money? The hobby is expensive and I love it so much , that I find myself of figuring stuff out to get the same results and make do with what I have so I am able to go out on a beautiful day with my plane, which on Sunday I tell everyone I am heading to church and everybody knows  I am going flying. LOL . Once again thank you and I am so blessed.
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 09:31:48 AM »
Gas or elec?
Gas .......I have an oldy but goody OS MAX-H 40 ....which I am trying to find a muffler for it....prefer tongue style. It will have to be band clamp style also
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »
I heard that the Accentor was originally called the Veco "Tom Tom" or such, but the name was changed for some reason when Brodak started kitting it. I believe it too is a Bob Palmer design D>K
plans I have Dave Braun......it says plans by.....not designed by....I will do some research on that....Thanks I like to know where it originated from. What year, flying history, and flyers using this aircraft in events..etc... great stuff   Thanks Ty
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 03:35:28 PM »
I heard that the Accentor was originally called the Veco "Tom Tom" or such, but the name was changed for some reason when Brodak started kitting it. I believe it too is a Bob Palmer design D>K

As I understand it the Accentor was originally kitted by Tony Drago as the "Super Pow Wow(?)" It was based on the Bob Palmer Pow Wow upsized some 10%. This is one of the designs John Brodak bought from Tony, but I do not know why John changed the name.  It is going to be Nos 30 eligible in a couple years.  The Brodak Tanager is the same airplane with a profile fuse.

The Pow Wow was published by Palmer, but was never kitted by Veco.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 08:16:39 AM »
2 3/8" from the leading edge.
                                       LOL....I took my laptop to zoom the e-mail plans and come up with the dimension 2.253 inches . This morning I get an e-mail from Brodack saying the measurement is 2.5 inches. You WIN....I was 1/4 off and you was 1/8 off.....LOL. I need to figure out how to take e-mail plans and be able to make full size out of it.....be great to click on a object in the plans and then print it out ....cut it out ....then trace it on to a piece of balsa. Any Ideas?
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Joseph Daly

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 09:43:33 AM »
That's funny. I took the measure right from their plans. I guess plus or minus .125". I think either of the are a good starting point.

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 02:50:07 PM »
As I understand it the Accentor was originally kitted by Tony Drago as the "Super Pow Wow(?)" It was based on the Bob Palmer Pow Wow upsized some 10%. This is one of the designs John Brodak bought from Tony, but I do not know why John changed the name.  It is going to be Nos 30 eligible in a couple years.  The Brodak Tanager is the same airplane with a profile fuse.

The Pow Wow was published by Palmer, but was never kitted by Veco.

Built the Pow Wow from plans and flew it in the Mirror Meet, '54 or '55 ???.  Too heavy for my old Fox .35. It  survived, last seen in an attic in Commack, NY 1978. Have a pic of it in the pits at the Mirror meet. 
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 08:31:56 PM »
Built the Pow Wow from plans and flew it in the Mirror Meet, '54 or '55 ???.  Too heavy for my old Fox .35. It  survived, last seen in an attic in Commack, NY 1978. Have a pic of it in the pits at the Mirror meet. 
Roger...that is awesome....very interesting. Can you blow the dust off and take it up still?
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 08:32:35 AM »
Roger...that is awesome....very interesting. Can you blow the dust off and take it up still?

Tom,
It was in a friends attic who stored it for me while I was "someplace overseas".
Friend passed away and family sold home before I got back to the NY area.
Hmmmm, it might still be in that attic???????
Might have to look into it! will advise if I find it. 

Roger
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »
Makes one wonder if the "attic find" ever appeared on e-bay. That would suck. D>K

Ty,
Yes, it would suck.
IF it was on ebay, and anyone saw it, it was red with black trim and had my AMA #  2408 on the wing.
Roger
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
Re: Brodack Accentor...update on Accentor
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 09:07:35 PM »
Finished Accentor with monokote. Took 28 hours. Was going to paint but the plane was primed with some bad SHITE. Every time I put some paint on it cracked up and flaked off. I found out I would of had to strip whole plane and start over ....so I just used monokote. Then I took it to the field to fly and the engine kept dead sticking. Only 3 minute flight. Started motor and noticed oil bubbles out of the cylinder, just below the head. Has cracked cylinder. So I put another engine set up on it and I say it is the best 4-2 engine I have. Looking forward to a good flight on Sat. .....CAN'T WAIT....
Tom
AMA 1073788

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 09:31:20 PM »
wow nice job.

MM

Offline tom creasey

• 1st. Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »
Had to add 1/2oz more to right tip and engine was at 3 degree of right angle thrust. I added 1 more degree to that.....so I am setting 4 degree right thrust now and 1/2oz tail weight. After I get done with flight tests.....then it gets my stamp of approval with my AMA number
Tom
AMA 1073788

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here