News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:35:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bellcrank tilt  (Read 29634 times)

Offline Brett Buck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Bellcrank tilt
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2014, 11:00:06 PM »
The relation that I am seeing is under the AMA 2014 World entry blank and gives (a direct copy and paste) -

"Rules in Effect
Rules of the Finals contest shall be in accordance with the current
FAI Sporting Code,
except
where superseded by the Team Selection Committee, the Event Director, the Team Selection Jury, or
as noted in the Contest
Information.
Contestants are urged to read the FAI Sporting Code"

Anyway I will stop there as I am out of my depth with this one.

That is what is used for the Team Trials. That effects maybe 15 people here every two years. Otherwise we use the AMA rules. The AMA rules do not refer back to the FAI Sporting code. 

The FAI rules were originally a copy of the AMA rules. For the most part they are very close, and many times changes are made to keep them the same - not merely for commonality, but because if a change is well-thought out, it will be useful for either set of participants.

Brett

Offline Jonathan Chivers

• Ensign
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2015, 07:33:42 AM »
So what was the conclusion over the benefit (or other wise) of tilting the bell crank?

Jonathan

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2015, 11:08:38 AM »
So what was the conclusion over the benefit (or other wise) of tilting the bell crank?

I tilt the bellcrank as needed for structural or clearance issues, then fiddle with other parameters to get the requisite control response.  It's pretty easy to get the response you want from whatever tilt angle you pick.  My conclusion is that you gotta do a 3D analysis to see what the control response is, meanwhile knowing what to look for.   
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Jonathan Chivers

• Ensign
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2015, 02:41:22 PM »
Thanks Howard, I will experiment.

For those that like the design phase, I can recommend two cheap CAD products, DevFus and DevWing. Each product walks you through the design parameters of a wing or fuselage and let us see in 3D the impact of your design choices. When you have finished they can export to a CAD package for final tweaking or straght to DXF for feeding into a laser cutter. And you can try for free, but with the print and export functions disabled.

Jonathan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here