News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ADAM AIRCRAFT...COULD THIS 'TWIN-BOOMER BE OUR DENNIS A'S NEXT STUNT PROJECT?  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Just got this in from one of my windtunnel model design junkies....who had built many scale R/C models...and this is one that was a tunnel project for this wild TWIN CORP.JET.

(cool photo...but it may be too high res. for stunt hanger. NICE PHOTO! INTERESTING MODEL CONCEPT...
Hey Dennis or any scale stunt advocate...HOW WOULD WE POWER SUCH A PROJECT for stunt?
QUESTION?
What is the possibilites for ducted fans in stunt???? Dumb question huh?  n~

www.adamaircraft.com
Don Shultz

Offline John Miller

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
SHultzie

The good Colonol Trostle already has a small turbine engine. I'll wager that when he is ready, we'll see our first true jet powered stunter.

Looking at the two versions in the bottom picture, the Push-me Pull-me one looks similar to a design I've had drawn out for a few years. It's one of those projects that I haven't yet got to. For lack of a better name, I've called it, "Bad Attitude".
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
WOW!
WHAT AN AWESOME PROJECT...BAAAAAAD! Goodn'great in every sense of the word.
Ever since I took a ride in one of those strange noisey (fumeee'smelly)n' vibrating Cessna  SKYMASTERS!!!
I was hooked forever. What a rush!
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Ya know, John, when you get to a certain level of insanity, it becomes a virture. That's so nuts that I like it.   #^

I suspect that you and Gordan have already left for the Regionals. I'll be there tomorrow.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Schultzie:
You think I'm Crazy???  Uhh, let me rephrase that;  What you thinkin Dondo???  HB~>

Ironically I was helping out in the Kondor RC booth in Toledo this year, one of their product offerings (see pix) is an Adams 500; around 100" span with twin 90's.

HEY LEFT-COASTERS: I seem to vaguely remember reading about a push-pull twin flew and placed(?) in Sr at the 67 Nats?  We did not attend but heard about it - might not have been 1967 either.  Have NO idea of WHO flew it or what it was called.  Anyone remember that?  ???

Is there a HISTORIAN in the house???   :!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Schultzie:
You think I'm Crazy???  Uhh, let me rephrase that;  What you thinkin Dondo???  HB~>

Ironically I was helping out in the Kondor RC booth in Toledo this year, one of their product offerings (see pix) is an Adams 500; around 100" span with twin 90's.

HEY LEFT-COASTERS: I seem to vaguely remember reading about a push-pull twin flew and placed(?) in Sr at the 67 Nats?  We did not attend but heard about it - might not have been 1967 either.  Have NO idea of WHO flew it or what it was called.  Anyone remember that?  ???

Is there a HISTORIAN in the house???   :!

Uhhh? Me?? Think that YOU are CRAZY??? HA!  LL~ LL~Only thing that I can assue you is that I KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN REALLY WACKO' FOR YEARS N' YEARS! n~ n~
but I do know that a BUNCH of us stunt grunts were standing around at the 67 nats...watching that BIG YELLOW BOOMER of RICH LOOMIS fly one of the best patterns of at the nats with that K&B 45 -35 powered model TO PERFECTION!
Bob Hunt, Ted Fancher, and I think Keith Trostle was all standing there with our eyeballs n' jaws a hangin while we watched Rich CREATE HISTORY on that hot sunbaked tarmac that day! Clearly that big twin...was one mean flyin machine in Rich's hands.
see attached photo:

BYE THE WAY! THE ADAM'S 500 model that you have posted is an amazing piece of SKYART!
AND ALSO...A HUGE THANKS FOR POSTING THAT GREAT PHOTO OF
JACK N SHIRLEY!
MAY OUR DEEPEST BEST WISHES, AND PRAYERS GO WITH HER AND JACK! 
These two have made this world a better place...and a soooooooooo much more fun.
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here