Design > Stunt design

A Rudder isn't necessary for a Control Line plane.

<< < (4/4)

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Ty Marcucci on December 19, 2023, 12:38:07 PM ---Not rudder so much as side area, thus the Genesis,  I have built two of them. D>K

--- End quote ---
I am with you with the side area, even the Genesis has added side area via a long thin fin.  Interesting though, all of Bob's newer designs have rudders (really vertical stabs).  I wish I had the time to put huge "rudder" on a plane and whittle away at it till I found the sweet spot.  My Trifecta design has about 50sq in of "rudder", Endgame about 5. Both fly extremely well. Neither of them display any of the problems a rudder is supposed to cause or cure.  Both have -0- offset and both have CAM rudders.  The one with the larger "rudder" stays tight above 45 a bit better, but that could be due to a thousand other reasons.  I corrected that with the timer on the small rudder one.

Ken

Air Ministry .:

NOW , in theory . . . .  VD~

Bob Hunt:
Okay, Ty caught me with the disguised side area thing. Attached is a photo of the Genesis LC, which has the disguised side area and a couple of small twin stab tip plates (otherwise known as twin rudders). This thing grooves like a freight train and turns amazingly well; due, I think,  to the lack of spanwise flow off the elevators. Yeah, I know, it's not a new thing...

Later - Bob

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Bob Hunt on December 20, 2023, 10:22:08 AM ---
 This thing grooves like a freight train a

--- End quote ---
https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=Worst+Railway&&mid=637DD9693A487C6275D5637DD9693A487C6275D5&&FORM=VRDGAR

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version