News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TRANSFER  (Read 1669 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
TRANSFER
« on: August 13, 2006, 09:53:13 PM »

What is this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I stumbled upon this pic a while ago. I like the looks of it. BUT, I hate to ask, which end is forward? I would imagine the prop is in front, but I see no lead outs, and the stab sticking way out like that is really confusing. So give a new guy a break and help me understand what I am looking at.

Thanks man,  

Greg  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report to moderator    206.148.228.132 (?)  

Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Willis Swindell
Lieutenant

[applaud] [smite]

Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.

Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 12:14:42 PM »      

Looks like a pusher to me.
Willis    

Report to moderator    72.82.88.2 (?)  

Willis Swindell

bill marvel
New Pilot

[applaud] [smite]

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 04:56:31 PM »      

Hi, Greg
I am not a speed person but I have seen variations of this configuration at contests.  It is a single wing tractor, not pusher.  If you look at the head, the engine is mounted on its side and if you follow the lines, there is a small, narrow fuselage without an elevator or rudder.  Speed planes in this class do not reuire much rudder.  The canard style of elevator is forward of the prop.  The engine exhausts to the rear.  That is a pipe that looks like a double fuselage.  It wouldn't likely exhaust to the front of the plane.  You can't see the tip of the wing but that is where the leadout(s) would exit.  Speed planes of this type often use monoline instead of the conventional two lines.  Unless the aircraft is lying on its back or the photograph was accidentally "flopped", it would appear that the plane flies clockwise.

These are serious speed planes and can haul.

Thanks for the interesting picture.

Bill  

Report to moderator    24.107.75.234 (?)  

Willis Swindell
Lieutenant

[applaud] [smite]

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 06:48:29 PM »      

Still think it's a pusher, look closely at the the stab I think I see a elevator and the prop is on backwards. and the tank vent is facing the same way the pipe is.
Willis    

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:33:33 PM by Willis Swindell »  Report to moderator    71.241.31.86 (?)  

Willis Swindell

bill marvel
New Pilot

[applaud] [smite]

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 08:24:09 PM »      

By golly, I think you are right, Willis.  I had noticed that elevator, too, but didn't think enough about it.  I missed the prop completely.  Good job.

Greg!

Willis and I think it is a pusher!!!

Grins,
Bill  

Report to moderator    24.107.75.234 (?)  

Willis Swindell
Lieutenant

[applaud] [smite]

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 09:28:58 PM »      

Joey you fly these side winders what do you think?
Willis    

Report to moderator    71.241.20.248 (?)  

Willis Swindell

Joey Mathison 9806
Lieutenant

[applaud] [smite]

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 10:41:23 PM »      

pusher and it takes out the prop on take off.  

Report to moderator    207.200.116.13 (?)  

200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Ironbomb
ACE
Commander

[applaud] [smite]

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 12:35:13 PM »      

A  pusher!!???   well, the "exhaust" looking pipe really thru me. Must be some high zoot setup. I saw the short flim of the British guy breaking the world record. Could his plane be like this one? It also looks like a single blade prop too. Must be fun to balance those.

Thanks for the input gents

Greg  

Report to moderator    206.148.228.43 (?)  

Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Joey Mathison 9806
Lieutenant

[applaud] [smite]

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 01:58:42 PM »      

the record holder that you speak of is not a pusher. the one blade props are easer to work on only one blade to file the balance is done with a counter balance inside the spinner if you need more weight you just solider some on file to take off. so pictures are at http://community.webshots.com/user/mathison205  

Report to moderator    207.200.116.13 (?)  

200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

supertiga
New Pilot

[applaud] [smite]

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 03:24:33 PM »      

its a pusher

pusher prop

elevator at rear of stab

exaust looking opening in side of cower is intake for air intake? cooling?--outlet must be small hole at bottom of cowel?

exaust pointed wrong way?

i duno  

Report to moderator    216.79.211.66 (?)  

Erin Roland

AMA 12366

Offline dynasoar1948

• Commander
Re: TRANSFER
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 10:49:33 PM »
Honest, guys this is a pusher F2A airplane from Britain.  It has not flown yet (so far as I know) due to takeoff dolly problems.

There are advantages to running the prop in the accelerated boundary layer around the fuselage and not having a fuselage and cowl in the slipstream.  Thete should be a thimble arouns the exhaust stinger to turn the exhaust around to the rear.

Dynasoar
William Stewart

Offline W.D. Roland

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: TRANSFER
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 10:17:29 PM »
no fair!

the exaust turner arounder thingie aint in de picture **)
David Roland

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here