News:

• May 04, 2024, 10:18:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hobby King Pulse Jet  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Charlie Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Hobby King Pulse Jet
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:02:01 AM »
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__37414__Hobbyking_Pulse_Jet_Gasoline_Engine_34_Red_Head_34_.html?strSearch=pulse%20jet
The Hobby King Red Head Pulse Jet is on sale for $42.59.  The igniter is $15.44, reeds for $1.45 and spare fuel nozzles for $1.05.  They claim everything
is in stock.  These prices sure beat the heck out of eBay.

Online Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Hobby King Pulse Jet
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »
I know nothing of jets other than they are loud.  So keep that in mind as you read:

Search YouTube for reviews.  I've only watched one, and it was somewhere between lukewarm and unfavorable.

Prolly better than nothing, but not as good as a Dynajet.

(OTOH, if the review was right, and if you have skills at welding stainless, the H-K jet may be an excellent starting point for a good jet motor).
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Robert Bolton

• Lieutenant
    • Noclass Mac
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 06:00:36 PM »
Great starting point for jet speed plus spares available...    The reeds are great  and the motors are probably equal or better than a dynajet. Yes the welds on the pipes are a bit questionable but the good ones go real well and if it spits contact hobbyking and they replace them.. 

Just waiting on my 3rd one to turn up.. Yes I know Im addicted to pulsejets

Robert Bolton

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:33:58 PM »
I'll just throw my opinion in there because I've had a lot of experience with these recently. I believe the bad reviews and tubes splitting are from people trying to run the jet static. Bench testing? I don't know why you would, but all the you tube videos I've seen are being bench run. It even clearly states in the manual not to do that.

So I'm saying they are great, and I've had seen no problems with the ones I've been involved with. I'll buy a couple more

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here