News:

• March 29, 2024, 12:58:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Speed at the 2020 Brodak Fly In  (Read 577 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Speed at the 2020 Brodak Fly In
« on: December 31, 2019, 07:06:49 AM »
For 2020, I have altered the event schedule and moved the Speed events to Thursday morning.  The primary purpose of this change is to move Fun Carrier to Wednesday so as to eliminate the gap between Rule Book Carrier and Fun Carrier.

Perky and  Two-Way Speed (Sportsman & Expert) will continue unchanged.

Fox 35 Stunt Speed has been dropped for the program after four years of flying.  The event has boiled down to the same three flyers with the same scores.  The question of how fast you can go with a fully-modified Fox 35 Stunt has been answered.
Paul Smith

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
Re: Speed at the 2020 Brodak Fly In
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 06:08:27 AM »
Ok Paul, You da boss.

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 05:53:57 PM »
I you visit Buder Park in St Louis MO you have two contests where you can fly in the Fox 35 Speed event

Fred

Can't tell how cold it will be on Feb 23rd but we will have Perky and Fox speed happening...

https://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/control-line-contest-st-louis/control-line-contest-stunt-pampa-perky-speed-fox35-speed-st-louis/

The May contest has every CL speed event running, it will be warmer compared to the Feb Contest

https://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/control-line-contest-st-louis/control-line-speed-st-louis-buder-park/
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 08:33:03 PM »
  If you really want to see how fast the Fox 35 Stunt can go, remove the fuel restrictions! >:D
Al

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 09:15:09 AM »
  If you really want to see how fast the Fox 35 Stunt can go, remove the fuel restrictions! >:D
Al

I don't want to get into the business of revising somebody else's rules. 
But in my opinion, the event needed more guidelines of what constitutes a "modified Fox 35 Stunt". 
They didn't even require you to use the crankcase. 
As it stands now, the event is only open to those who own or have access to a really good machine shop.
But the AMA Rule Book already has about 20 speed & racing events for engine builders.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here