News:

• May 10, 2024, 03:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Perky's Here  (Read 804 times)

Offline Bob Riegl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Perky's Here
« on: October 10, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »
 ;D Hey it don't get better than this, the Postman rang and dropped off a package today---holy cow!!!! It's my Perky kit---it took 45 seconds to open the box ( sharp knife cuts duct tape ) and boy color me happy. Great kit and parts, I specially like the wheels and the quality of the balsa and the laser cut parts. It's still basicaly the old Kania kit but with a lot of work already done for us. Thanks to Frank Carlisle and his hard work to get these to those who ordered and the Squadron for producing the kit in a timely fashion. I think I am going to get another and put it aside. This coming cold season will have plenty of work preparing for next flying season.  #^
FLY
C

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
Re: Perky's Here
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 03:54:31 PM »
Bob;
Received mine last night, but I have yet to open it. I promised I wouldn't peek until the 16th.  n1 n1 Besides I was trying to hide it fromthe wife.  mw~ She is not home tonight so I was going to go open it as soon as I got done checking the forums.

Leroy

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 08:01:20 AM »
mine arrived here in Minn yesterday.  i haven't opened the box yet - but I did notice it is SR # 30.

Tom Wilk

Offline Buz Johnson

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 02:44:45 PM »
Got mine yesterday also. A BIG thanks to Capt. Blackhawk and Frank Carlisle.

buz

Offline Graham Collins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 04:03:37 PM »
I received mine the end of last week but I haven't opened it yet and have put it aside in the spirit of the Perky til the 16th; kind of like Christams.

Larry Rice deserves a very big thank you for all the effort in putting this kit together. From all the chatter on this forum and elsewhere it looks like a real winner.

cheers, Graham in Embrun near Ottawa Canada.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 04:34:52 PM »
Graham,
         You have kit numbered 001....the first kit........with a personal message on it......you just might want to think about it before you open it up. I am sure that in the next couple of years its value will go way up.
Well, it is up to you.
Larry

Offline Buz Johnson

• New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 06:58:40 PM »
Graham,

If you're intent on building yours, I'll GLADLY trade my #008 for your #001 and pickup postage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to build my opened 023.

buz

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 05:58:43 PM »
Thank you guys for your kind comments. I especially liked the referrances about the duct tape. I realize that the packages may not have been the prettiest ones you got this year but hey, they got to you unbroken. Red Green would be proud!
Frank Carlisle

Offline Graham Collins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 10:28:53 AM »
Graham,
         You have kit numbered 001....the first kit........with a personal message on it......you just might want to think about it before you open it up. I am sure that in the next couple of years its value will go way up.
Well, it is up to you.
Larry

Larry,  I haven't even unwrapped it from the wrapping it was mailed in, I was saving that for today when I get home from work. 

I wasn't going to build it, just admire it and put it in some place of prominence as reminder of your great generosity.  #001 or not it would still have the same sentimental value.

And, I am going to have to get off me behind and get another kit to build and now that Frank has issue the challenge of the Perky beauty contest I will have to make that my goal, get it done in time for that.

Now to find someone with a kit in stock and get it on the way.

cheers, Graham

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here