News:

• April 18, 2024, 11:17:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hoyt Tamigo Trainer  (Read 774 times)

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Hoyt Tamigo Trainer
« on: May 02, 2023, 07:49:48 PM »
Would like to find information about Hoyt Tamigo Trainer / Dynajet. Was there any article published or plans available?
Thankyou- Lyle
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
Re: Hoyt Tamigo Trainer
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 12:32:46 PM »
So far as I know only kits were offered.

TAMIGO is a nice, easy to fly plane. The only issue now is that the fuel tank is sized for gasoline or Coleman fuel. The AMA Spec fuel blend, 20% Nitro / 80% Methanol, needs a much larger metering jet than with gas so about 10 - 12 oz. of fuel is needed for a decent run.
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 12:34:08 PM »
Another view...
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 12:34:51 PM »
Head on...
"Clockwise Forever..."

Online Jim Rhoades

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 12:25:00 PM »
Lyle   

I have a Hoyt Cat Jet kit which looks similar to the Tamigo or Amigo, whichever it is.  Maybe it is the same model.  It is complete with  plans as far as I know.  I acquired the kit some years ago, possibly at the Vintage Stunt Champs or NW Regionals.  Not sure who I bought it from but the box was addressed to Ron Ivaldi, A noted Bay Area Jet flyer.  I'd like to know what the difference is between the Cat Jet and Tamigo, anyone know?

Jim Rhoades

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 05:35:46 PM »
Lyle   

I have a Hoyt Cat Jet kit which looks similar to the Tamigo or Amigo, whichever it is.  Maybe it is the same model.  It is complete with  plans as far as I know.  I acquired the kit some years ago, possibly at the Vintage Stunt Champs or NW Regionals.  Not sure who I bought it from but the box was addressed to Ron Ivaldi, A noted Bay Area Jet flyer.  I'd like to know what the difference is between the Cat Jet and Tamigo, anyone know?

Jim Rhoades

Jim,

The Tamigo was Hoyt's basic trainer. The Cat Jet was his upright go fast design. It was slicker, with a faster wing and monoline. It would build up into a pretty nice plane.
"Clockwise Forever..."

Online Jim Rhoades

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 11:26:14 AM »
Bob,

My Cat Jet kit has plans showing only two line not Monoline.  The wing is fairly well carved but thicker inboard for the enclosed 2-lines.  Contest fuel mixture and engine mods in the instructions as well as the hardware and hard work done in usual Hoyt style.  I built and flew one of his Sidewinder kits for quite a few years back in the day.  Follow the instructions and instant success.

Jim

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 03:39:04 PM »
Mike was a tireless supporter for Jet Speed. It was always a treat to watch he and Hazel make a run.

I remember a Cat Jet and a couple of Raven powered Sidewinders at one of the Cold Cash meets. I think that particular year we had 21 jet entries.
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2023, 05:04:41 AM »
Jim

I remember Ron Ivaldi from when I was stationed at Castle AFB in CA back in the 70's.
He used to fly OS engines on Sidewinders from Mike.
He even had his jet set up with head pressurizing the tank.
Met and got to know alot of speed folks being stationed there.
Flew all the time with Frank Hunt in town there.
Yes, the Tamigo was a great plane to fly. Fastest I got mine up to (on tied lines with opened up head and
bigger backplate) was in the high 160's.
those were the good old days for sure.
Always a great turn out at our Merced contests.

Carl Cisneros
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here