News:

• May 08, 2024, 09:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DOC's Fun Plane  (Read 761 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
DOC's Fun Plane
« on: January 30, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
Well I started this kit at about the same time I started a small size Sneeker combat plane.  This is the Blackhawk Modes Perky Speed kit.  It has been a fun build and carving experience.  Yes some of the wood seemed hard, but that is where wood rasps come into play as well as sand paper.  It will have a Fox .15 Schnuerle for power.  Haven't made the tank yet.  Still have a lot of detail work to do, so don't pick on the old man too hard as I haven't built anything this small in a while.  Did I say this was a fun kit?  If you like to carve get one.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Jim Rhoades

• Commander
Re: DOC's Fun Plane
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
Doc,

Looks good.  One of these days I'm going to have to break out my Perky kit and build it too.  I plan to use an Oliver Tiger 15 mk 3.  I have a really nice original and a CS replica.  I will most likely use the CS most of the time but would like to through in the original some time for comparison.  The Perky sure makes up into a cute model.  Bring it with you to the Nats and fly perky there.

Jim Rhoades

Offline Dalton Hammett

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 11:08:01 AM »

That looks real nice Doc,,,  I wish I could build smaller planes but I seem to always have too many fingers for the close work.  Very best !!

Dalton H.
Dalton Hammett  
Albion, Pa.
Bean Hill Flyers
AMA  29918

Offline W.D. Roland

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »
Cool Doc!