News:

• April 16, 2024, 06:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pics of my Sportsman Speed Entry for Brodaks  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Pics of my Sportsman Speed Entry for Brodaks
« on: March 25, 2018, 11:30:39 AM »
Attached are pics of my just finished Sportsman Speed Entry for Brodaks. It's a Brodak Shoestring (great kit BTW) Wings and tail surfaces are Monokoted .Fuse and nose area are covered by 6/10oz glass cloth. Sealed with 5 coats of sanding sealer,paint is Rustoleum Protective Gloss Enamel (also great stuff) Engine is a 1960 OS Max III 35. Prop is 9x6 APC...will test others.Weight is 28oz. Fillets are micro balloons mixed with finishing resin. I also have a single wheel landing ,but for test flying off a winter ravaged field I'll stick with the stock gear.....Hope you like it!......PhillySkip

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
Re: Pics of my Sportsman Speed Entry for Brodaks
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 01:49:39 PM »
Right in the spirit Skip.  Should work well!     TS

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 06:19:20 PM »
Looks good, hope it does well for you. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 07:20:48 AM »
CT and Doc ...Thanks for the kind words. The plane came out nicely,light and straight. Will surely be a fine flyer when not racing it. In 1970, just after I was married, I built one on a card table in our apartment in NE Philly. It was a fine flyer with Fox 35 and clear plastic Top Flite prop (remember those??) .......but the plane got broken before my first flight. Here's why....

My bride got pissed off at me for (1)smelling up the joint with dope fumes (2) claiming that I was not paying attention to her.
I proudly left my new plane on the card table and left the apartment. When I returned, I see that the plane is on the floor ,there was damage to rudder and elevator, a hole in the drywall above the table,and blood on the carpeting.......and my wife is MIA
So,I call my mother in law to ask ,Where is Susan? She said that her dad took her to the emergency room of the hospital for a deep cut on her ankle requiring stitches. So how did this happen?

She got so angry with me that she launched the plane into the wall,it bounced off the wall and the prop cut her exposed ankle badly. When she got home from the hospital we had a real heart to heart "talk" and settled our "hobby issues" forever. We're still married after 47 years.......Skip

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 10:45:26 AM »
Guess she found out you don't upset an airplane.  Mine spattered paint on my Nobler that used to decorate the living room wall.  We celebrate 50 years together this year, June 8th.  Cane back a day early from honeymoon for a contest. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here