News:

• May 14, 2024, 12:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jet Sport Speed  (Read 1525 times)

Offline David Shad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Jet Sport Speed
« on: September 27, 2010, 05:26:50 AM »
So Guys......Buz Johnson has been egging me to try a speed plane...so I'm thinking
of trying a Jet...maybe sport speed???   Now I have 40 years of control line flying experience and plenty of building experience....BUT I know you can't just buy one
off the shelf and head to the nearest field...although it sounds tempting to scare
the crap out of a few r/c'ers and would be a kodak moment and would be worth a laugh...Youtube maybe???...Anyway...can I still get a jet and basic kit??? Is JetBill
still doing his thing?   I am very serious about it...so help me out here guys.  As
a side note...I hava a Perky and will fly it next April at the Fla contest...that should be fun too...I do love Vintage stuff.
Big Dave AMA 80235

Offline David Shad

• Commander
Re: Jet Sport Speed
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 06:46:45 AM »
I guess I can answer my own post...LOL.   Buz Johnson while at the last big speed meet talked to Jet Bill who is still producing the Sport Jet and Fast Jet engines...Somebody else is doing the kit that goes with the engines...the
sport jet package is $400 plus $200 for the airframe...not sure about the fast jet but the sport is what I have in mind.

Anybody have anything else to add? 
Big Dave AMA 80235

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
I believe Dick Hart is the one selling the sport jet kits. NOT SURE HOW TO CONTACT HIM
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline David Shad

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:51:42 AM »
Thanks Joey...are there plans available for jets???   And the tanks.
Big Dave AMA 80235

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:19:43 PM »
i have all the old (about 20) on a CD.  also the speed times archive CD has some jet plans.

Tom Wilk

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 11:02:37 PM »
There are plans for a plane called Phire Phart thet is all basswood etc. It is slow jet but good top loader. Put anhedral in stab and don't modify jet as on plans. Fuel tank just needs fill and overflow. I'm sure the Bailey Jet is better but Dyna jet will get you going. I had a Doyal Jet in my first P/P and other had new Dyna-jet. I moved to Tucson and sold them. Park rules no Pulse Jets. I have full size plans of F-86/ Panther/ X-92[ f-102 early type] that were made for Dyna-Jet but bet new electric would be equal in power if not more.
Dan

Offline Robert Bolton

• Lieutenant
    • Noclass Mac
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:02 AM »
I am thinking about making up a few sportjets for sale in a few months time...  They will be sidewinders and you will just need to strap your engine on..  must emphasize I am in the thinking mode..  There are plenty of my jet planes being flown in the states at the moment and all are doing extremely well..

Robert Bolton ( Kiwi Jet Team )

Offline dick shannon

• New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
I have purchased three jet planes from Robert Boulton and they are the best of the best.. I also have a compete kit from Dick Hart it is a fast jet... But do not forget the record in sport jet is held by Will Stewart out of Whittier Ca.... His plane is an upright design...... He uses Bailey sport jet.

Offline dick shannon

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 10:16:43 PM »
Robert Boltons sport jet planes are top quality...They are turn key along with hardware to mount your sport jet.. Jet Bill has taken money and not delivered COMPLETE FAST JETS, SPORT JETS, REEDS, METERING JETS ETC.. This is factual. His website is not up and running and he does not return emails... He states that he can not get into the machine shop to finish the pipes. He does have sport jet heads but be careful with sending him money up front as the ones i know set money as long as 5 years ago and NEVER RECEIVED THEIR PRODUCTS... I personally sent him money for 10 metering jets and he does not respond.. My attorney tells me he will handle it from now on....  VD~ ~> ~> VD~

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 07:42:34 AM »
Guys/gals,  you need to join NASS and get the Speed Times publication.   Almost all the info you need for supplies is in it.  Also contacts.  Just Google  NASS or North American Speed Society. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Thomas Wilk

• Commander
    • Tom Wilk's old mag plans on CD
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 08:33:16 AM »
most of the back issues of Speed Times are available from me.
Volume 1 covers all the issues from No.1 1982 thru No.4 2003.
Volume 2 covers the issues from No.1 2004 thru No.4 2010.

NASS sets the Price ($20.00 each postpaid in the US) of these CD's in PDF format.
I offer both Vol 1 and Vol 2 on a single DVD @ $30.00 postpaid in the US.
Add $5.00 USD for foreign orders.

OldmagazineplansonCD.com
tawilk636@live.com (Please contact me via my email)
paypal welcome

Tom Wilk

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 08:44:15 AM »
Boy, guys/gals, if you don't jump on this one, you are missing the deal.   I got mine at the NATS the last time I saw Tom and they are worth it.   In fact all of his CD's are worth every dollar spent on them.   Especially the ones that show what some of us looked like a few decades ago. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here