News:

• April 17, 2024, 09:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FOX 35 Stunt parts  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • "Electric...The future of anytime stunt"
FOX 35 Stunt parts
« on: December 31, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »
Where do I go to get for my FOX 35 stunt engine the following:
Stuffer backplate
ABC piston and liner

Thanks!
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: FOX 35 Stunt parts
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 09:07:50 PM »
  Keep your eye on eBay for people selling off parts from estates and such. As for ABC piston and liners, maybe Brian Gardner could do a run but he's usually pretty well backed up with projects. For stuffer back plates, they have been made by several people including the factory.  Marvin Denny did the first ones along with the hemi head. If you just use a standard, stock back plate with a thinner gasket or no gasket and some sealer, you will achieve about the same thing Try taking some depth measurements and see what you get. If you had a piece of the proper material, I think you could attach a pad to the face of the back plate to fill the gap and leave just enough clearance for running. Attach it with some JB-weld and a rivet right in the center so the crank pin rotates around it.  Stuffing the backplate in itself doesn't do much of anything noticeable, but combined with some other detail work, can add to the mix.
  Type at you later and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
Re: FOX 35 Stunt parts
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 06:13:00 AM »
Gardner also makes proper ABC sets for the stunt .35.  As Dan suggests, we make our own 'hillbilly' stuffers.  They can help to locate the rod better but do not make much difference with power.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here