News:

• April 24, 2024, 04:18:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: fox 35 speed  (Read 3055 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
fox 35 speed
« on: June 02, 2017, 08:23:39 PM »

so yes or no. is the RR fox35 OK for BrodakS
rad racer

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: fox 35 speed
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 07:34:52 AM »
I'm going with the "St Louis rules" with the exception of the 5% fuel.  I'm still providing 10% as in all other events.

I will enforce the other two new rules, stock displacement and no RV's.   It is a great honor to have a rules change dedicated to you.  You should display your RV Fox 35 as a trophy.

Paul Smith

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 07:37:17 AM »
Paul, We are assuming that you will also not allow our exhaust pipes?  Just checking.  TS

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 07:49:38 AM »
I'll have to take a look.  Did they ban pipes too?

I think stock displacement was good idea.  Otherwise you could make the engine into a 46.

The RV rule was something of overkilling a non-issue.  RV's were briefly made as a fix to SuperTigre's inability to make a front rotor crankshaft that would hold together in a pan rat with  40% nitro.  Once Henry Nelson proved that you can get more power than you need from a front intake, RV's went the way of dial phones. 

Maybe somebody can post a copy of the latest & greatest rules to refresh our memory.
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 07:17:04 AM »
I got a copy of the current rev.

3. Front door only.
5.  Displacement limited to .352
6. No pipes except original Fox mufflers.
8. No home made glass, fibre, etc props.  Just off-the-shelf plastic or wood.

Fuel:   5-25-70
I'm not even sure if anybody makes that formula.  I will offer any 10% you want and also have a jug of 5% on hand.  If the contestants really want to be 100% legal we can use the 5%.
Paul Smith

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »
 The rules say "that the use of ORIGINAL Fox 35 mufflers is permitted" so it looks like drilling out or cutting the Fox muffler would be legal. That might work better than the mini pipe!  y1
Al

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 10:38:58 AM »
The modified Fox muffler might be a good idea.  Go for it.  If you get it to function as a turned pipe you earned it.

I didn't make the rules, I'm just hosting the event.  With a new event in its first year, I guess some tweaking-in of loopholes is to be expected.  I don't expect this event to ever get really big or last too long.  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:16:25 PM by Paul Smith »
Paul Smith

Online Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 11:54:14 AM »
Motorman
it is NOT Sportsman Fox, it IS Sportsman Stunt Speed.

ANY plain bearing side port motor can be used EXCEPT ST, JOHNSON and ANY OTHER FOX motor EXCEPT the Stunt 35.

mufflers are not required.

Carl

SPORTSMAN STUNT SPEED
This is a participation event created as an alternative to Fox 35 Stunt Speed which is an engine builders’
event. The intent is to provide an event that can be flown with stock engines and existing airframes. As
such, contestants who have exceeded 90 MPH in Fox 35 Speed or who enter Fox 35 Steed at this
contest are excluded.
Airframes – This event allows on sport planes with built up or foam airfoil wings and the general
configuration of a sport plane and are capable of doing basic aerobatics such as a lazy eight of reverse
wingover. The airplane must ROG from a fixed landing gear.
Engines - Only stock plain bearing baffled-piston engines of the nominal 35 size are allowed. Since
venture size data for the whole world of engines is unavailable, any fixed venturi is permitted. The
suction fuel requirement effectively limits choke area. All Johnson and Supertigre engines and Foxes
other than the 35 Stunt are excluded.
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »

Z@@ZZZ everyone missed the point of the R.R. engine it was to get a solid crank that wouldn't break at 18,000RPM
rad racer

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 03:11:37 PM »
Not all of us Bob.

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 05:15:28 PM »
 H^^
rad racer

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 08:01:24 AM »
  Z@@ZZZ everyone missed the point of the R.R. engine it was to get a solid crank that wouldn't break at 18,000RPM

I agree.  SuperTiger & OS couldn't make a front door work.  But Henry Nelson did.  Now the RV has gone the way of dial phones crank windows.
It was useless for the St Louis club to ban them.  But they did.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here