News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:14:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Control Line speed webinar tomorrow  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Barrie Lever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Control Line speed webinar tomorrow
« on: December 13, 2021, 02:49:35 PM »
Just to let you all know that there is another CL speed webinar hosted by the BMFA in England tomorrow.

You can register with no complications even if you are not a BMFA member, the link is below, hope to see some of you there.

https://itat.bmfa.uk/cl-open-speed

Barrie

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • "Electric...The future of anytime stunt"
Re: Control Line speed webinar tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 03:03:26 PM »
Looks great!  I'll be on it!
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Offline Barrie Lever

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 04:22:52 AM »
Hello Dave

It was good to see you on the webinar yesterday, we hope you enjoyed it.

For those that missed it there is a copy on YouTube at the following link.

Best Regards

Barrie

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • "Electric...The future of anytime stunt"
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 05:16:02 AM »
I had a great time and learned a lot too!
Thank You!
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 05:40:42 AM »
I'm with Dave. It was a great time. It's been a long time for me since flying speed and it may have got me to get something out of storage or build something new.
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 06:18:05 AM »
Mark,
A good place to start is with Perky and Fox35 speed events. Don't need outrageous costing engines or machinist skills just some standard off the shelf stuff and good building craftmanship will get you in the game. I am planning on doing the same for next year.

Best,   DennisT 

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 10:37:29 AM »
Mark,
A good place to start is with Perky and Fox35 speed events. Don't need outrageous costing engines or machinist skills just some standard off the shelf stuff and good building craftmanship will get you in the game. I am planning on doing the same for next year.

Best,   DennisT

Thanks Dennis.

However I am far past that point. I have B Speed, Formula 40, Sport jet and Fast jet models. The sport jet I have held a 148 mph record before the fuel change and the fast jet is in the flight over 200 club which was almost a record holder but I missed the backup flight when I missed getting cleanly in to the pylon and consequently had several landings which resulted in a smashed tail pipe. Granted my B Speed is the classic style model built on Neddie Morris' plans. I have all of the necessary tools and skills to restart in an new assault on the 200 MPH club with the exception of either a pilot or a pit crew to man the practice.

Much of the engine work I performed myself and making a jet engine isn't outside of my experience. A new assault would include a new head utilizing the extra wide pedals after a bench mark using my current large pedal long snout head.

Having said that, a couple of my A&P students have taken up playing with pulse jets, the non valve style. I ran one of my engines for them on the new fuel and have been coaching them in their efforts. One has expressed interest which I don't know if it will develop or not. I'm hopeful it will. Our flying sight may be acceptable for speed flying as we don't have a containment fence. This is helpful from, at least temporarily, from being distracted from my current PA efforts. There's no doubt that, given some competent help, that I will do something. For now, I am focusing on PA.
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here