News:

• April 27, 2024, 04:06:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wylam's Beechcraft drawings & Curtiss BF 2C-1( Hawk 3)  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Randy Snow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Wylam's Beechcraft drawings & Curtiss BF 2C-1( Hawk 3)
« on: April 09, 2012, 09:26:23 AM »
I'm wanting to build a Beechcraft fixed gear Staggerwing - does any one have Wylam's Beechcraft set ? What I'm needing is a copy of the set -- Wylam's set has every thing ya need to know -- He did the Curtiss Hawks as well - looking at building the BF2C-1 at 1 1/2 scale and Wylam's Hawk set would help in this -- can any one help - any help would be greatly appreciated -- the Staggerwings have got to be one of the must beautiful planes ever done --

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
Re: Wylam's Beechcraft drawings & Curtiss BF 2C-1( Hawk 3)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 01:18:45 PM »
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline Randy Snow

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
Thanks but this is just one page and this page shows only the profiles of the 17 & A17 -- nothing about the interior of the 17 nor its cross sections -- all of the Stagger's were different -- my Dad had the complet Wylam set and I would look at these drawings and imagenner building one of these ships -- some of Wylams drawings were works of art -- while others were really bad - case in point Guillow used his drawings to produce their BF 109 -- their box art always showed an E but Wylams was of an A/B/C/D type with a really bad long tail moment and not as deep in the body as it needs to be - They used his Spitfire which isn't as bad as his 109 but lacking none the less - their 100 series Albatros D5 was based on his first rendering of the D5 - to deep in the profile and his big Albatros set again not that good - a beautiful looking set some of which is dead on while some is bad - D1 & 2 are to round - they should be flatter and more square in the sides - his Phaltz D3 wasn't to bad a bit narrower in the chin than the actual plane and his Bristol Fighter has some problems too - But from all I've ever heard about his Staggerwings is that they were  dead on - having the real ships and info from Beechcraft to make his drawings from -- and one needs more than the profile to do this "Caddy" of planes justice.

Offline Don Hutchinson AMA5402

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »
Just so happens I have the whole bunch, about 13 pages of Wylam's "The Beech Family". All pages are of the Staggerwing.
I can run copies, just need an address to ship them to. Hold on, I also have the Hawk series too. I have them in two books, "The Best of Wylam".
Rather than run a ton of copies, give me an address and I will send you the two books so you get to do the copy work!
Don

Offline Randy Snow

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:28:43 PM »
 :(Don you are the greatest of help -- I do so miss my Dad -- he had all of this stuff -- and some how no one knows what happened to all of this stuff -- years of collecting info on just about everything -- puff gone  :(  any way  Randolph Snow 5025 n.1st. ave. # 1128 Tucson,Az. 85718     -- thank you -- from the depths of my heart -- my Dad always wanted to build a P-6E -- I just might do that for him - know what I mean?

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 05:43:41 PM »
-- my Dad always wanted to build a P-6E -- I just might do that for him - know what I mean?

Randy: If you're serious about that P-6E, I happen to have a set of double-size (47" span) plans of the Cleveland 'SF' kit that you'd be welcome to.  As you probably know, Cleveland plans are among the most authentic available anywhere.  Let me know.  I'm at 4225 N. 1st Ave, #1321.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Randy Snow

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »
Damn Mike -- howdy neighbor  H^^-- I would love building from the plans  #^-- like ya said they went thru great paines on their primo line -- let me know when would be the best time -- and thanks alot -- so cooool - make Daddy proud.

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 06:15:41 PM »
Randy:  Give me a phone call tomorrow (307-1523) anytime between 9:00 AM and Noon, and we'll arrange a meet.  The plans are yours if you still want them.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 09:23:38 AM »
Randy, maybe Mike can put you in touch with another neighbor by the name of Keith Trostle.   He is quite a scale person also. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Don Hutchinson AMA5402

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
Randy-
The Wylam books went out in the mail today, you should see them early next week. Let me know when they arrive, I worry about our postal system at times. Also a few much reduced drawings of a few Peerless and Tomasco models. These were beautifully done models.
Don

Offline Randy Snow

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 02:27:35 PM »
Got the P-6 plans from Mike -- then went to Cleveland's web sight -- I had forgotten about this place -- boy oh boy what a place.

Offline Randy Snow

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
a note on those P-6e plans -- this is 1 1/2" - 1/6 - 62" aircraft -- not 47" -- Dad had built the F-11 in 1 1/2" scale BIG and BEAUTIFUL .

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here