News:

• April 18, 2024, 09:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: U.S. Scale "Nats" Pilots & Judges meeting  (Read 635 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
U.S. Scale "Nats" Pilots & Judges meeting
« on: July 01, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »
In the many years I"ve been flying C/L scale at the Nats we have never had a "pilot/judges" meeting before hand. PAMPA has always had one and it is beneficial in many ways. Since John Brodak and I are C/L scale event directors for the 2012 Nats we thought this would be a good thing. The meeting will take place at the Signature Inn at 7:00 pm Friday night upstairs in the conference room. It should last about and hour. Rules review for all classes and for the new 1/2A event. By doing this pilots will know what the judges are looking for and at. Our flight judges are full size aircraft pilots except for Mr. Eber ( who has been flying model airplanes for over 60 yrs.) Will Hinton, our head judge will take part in the Q&A Fri. night.

The new 1/2A scale event went over great at the Brodak fly-in. John had 7 entries and it went off without a hitch. We'll have it at the Nats and then at the FCM contest in late Aug. using the same rules. Come, bring your 1/2A and join in the fun at the Nats.
Lets grow C/L scale.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Jim Fruit

• Commander
Re: U.S. Scale "Nats" Pilots & Judges meeting
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:51:40 AM »
Allen:

Excellent suggestion, it is actually required by the rules. I would like to suggest a hand out (or at least the address) locating the Signature Inn be provided at the time of static judging. This would assist those who are not staying there to find the location.

It became apparent to me last year at the Nats that I was staying at the wrong place. AMA had handed out a Nats News that had shown some of the scale planes on display in the lobby of a motel prior to the event. When I tried to find out where this was that the "scale guys" were staying, nobody seemed to know. This must have been the place.

Will the scheduled time of 7:00 p.m. impose upon the banquet?

Jim Fruit

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »
Jim;

The banquet is Sat. night.
There is something going on Fri. night, a bring your own picnic supper and there will be some entertainment. Nothing offical.

Signature Inn is located in the same area as the rest of the motels in Muncie, just off west McGalliard behind McDonalds.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Jim Fruit

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »
Allen:

Oh my gosh, now I feel like a real dolt. All of the time that I was unable to find out where the rest of the guys were staying, I was staying directly across the street! No wonder I am always a day late and a dollar short.

Jim Fruit

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:45:05 AM »
Allen
Due to my driving home each night (1 1/4 hour each way) and back in the morning I will not be able to attend the pilots meeting on Friday evening.  Could it be held at the AMA site right after Static Judging?
Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »
Hey Clancy, maybe someone could bed you down for that evening.   LL~ LL~ LL~  Just a thought.  H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »
Hey Doc,
    Clancy can hang out with me for the night.I will be at the AMA primatve campground and I am sure there is enough room for another cot in the tent.We might have to get him a clothespin,I am already used to the wonderful aroma that eminates from my feet at the end of the day LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
                                                                                                       Jeffery
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »
Gentleman
Thanks for the offer but I consider a Motel with a Black and White TV primitive camping.  The wife and I just returned from celebrating our 53rd Wedding Anniversary.  We spent 4 nights in a 210 year old B&B in Rockport MA.  We slept well there in a four poster canopy bed.
Clancy
Clancy Arnold
U/Tronics Control

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »
Allen
I will be able to attend the Pilots & Judges meeting!

The wife and I cashed in some of our Reward points for two nights at the Comfort Inn & Suites. 

One problem: When do things start each day?  The only time given on the AMA web site is that all Scale entries must be processed in on or before noon on Friday.

When is Static on Friday and Flying on Saturday and Sunday to begin?
Clancy
Clancy Arnold
U/Tronics Control

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 12:43:23 PM »
Clancy;

Processing and static judging will start at 8:00 a.m. Friday. After processing we will decide on a start time for Sat. & Sun. We will look at the amount of aircraft and the weather forecast. We want everyone to have the best of weather conditions as possable, regardless of their flying order.

Blessings
Allen

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here