News:

• April 23, 2024, 03:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Toronto Contest September 22-23  (Read 418 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Toronto Contest September 22-23
« on: September 25, 2012, 05:28:04 AM »
There were five events scheduled, but OTS and 1/2A Scale got postponed permanently due to increasing wind both days.   We were able to brave the wind earlier in the days and complete Musciano Hollow Log, F2D, and the 100 Mile LA25 Sport Race.

Rob Pringle flew his nice-looking Scientific Cutlass in the Musciano event.  It took off and went fast, but flight control issues did it in.  The inboard-only elevator looked questionable and it was.

Keith Morgan successfully test flew his OK Cub-powered Beaufighter in early morning testing.  Although the contest allows either one or more engines, the trend is toward winning with two (if they work).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:51:17 AM by Paul Smith »
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Toronto Contest September 22-23
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:41:24 AM »
I was pretty well covered.  I brought my defending champion Sabre and also my new Black Hawk XF5F Skyrocket.  If both of those failed I could have fallen back on the Beech Staggerwing.

The Skyrocket worked perfectly in testing, my first attempt a flying a twin of my own. 

But all the scale stuff was for naught.  By Sunday afternoon we had a hard time packing the planes into the cars without damage.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here