News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Toledo; C/L Scale rules task force meeting  (Read 446 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
Toledo; C/L Scale rules task force meeting
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:07:17 AM »
 D>K Just returned from Toledo where the RTFC meeting was held. Those in attendance where, John Brodak, Will Hinton, Ted Craver, Charlie Bauer, Ralph Berstine, Dave Platt, myself and three onlookers. We spent two hours going over the rules. The TFRC has been at work since the 2012 Nats by emails, to come up with a list of rules to be addressed at this meeting. Most are ready for writing, one held over for further discussion and Richard Schneider has been given the job to write the rules for "Authentic" scale. (combining the best of Precision, Designer and FAI )
As we clean up and combine our notes we will make them public on this web site. More later.

It was good to talk with Dave Platt and see his new T-34 (2.4) C/L scale model. He will be competing at the Nats this year. And it was great to see an old friend Ralph Bernstine. Hoping to see him at the Nats this year too. Had an interesting conversation with Chuck Snyder on the convention floor. I personally miss competing with Chuck at the Nats, he's a class act.

Remember, "High Static" will be announced and the award given at the NASA banquet Sat. night. Be sure to get your banquet tickets. You wont have to wait till after your first flight Sat. to find out. C/L Scale is NASA too.

Many thanks to all who put in the hours to make this a successful adventure.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Jim Fruit

• Commander
Re: Toledo; C/L Scale rules task force meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:04:55 AM »
Allen:

Thank you and the others for putting forth this effort. To the man, they all have had to travel great distances to be a part of the event (Ted, are you kidding?). I would have liked to have been there, but my wife's conditions would not allow it. The NATS, however, is another story.

Jim Fruit

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
Re: Toledo; C/L Scale rules task force meeting
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »
Actually Jim, you just made me feel guilty!  I'm only an hour away from the show.  (That includes the stop at Cracker Barrel with Allen for breakfast.)  However, the rest of the guys really sacrificed in order to be a part and they are to be commended!
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here