News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:07:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: team scale  (Read 1461 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
team scale
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:31:55 PM »

can a pilot fly two diff planes in team scale if he is entered with both planes
rad racer

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: team scale
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 12:56:45 PM »
The Team Scale event was justified on the theory of an aged or disabled builder employing a proxy pilot.
In practice what I see two able-bodied builder/flyers teaming together to get a chance at another award.
This is not like Racing or Combat where a single contestant can employ different helpers on each flight.  In those events to entrant is the sole contestant.
If I were ever in charge of a Team Scale event (very little chance of this), I would limit each person to a single team.
Paul Smith

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 02:02:19 PM »
I would be helping 2 old Farts instead of one y1
rad racer

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 02:49:50 PM »
Helping is one thing. 
Getting on the trophy list twice for the same event is another.
Some events actually allow double or triple entry, but generally only allow one award per person.
Paul Smith

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »
if I was looking for an other Trophy ,it wouldn't be flying someone else's plane
rad racer

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 01:59:13 PM »
Bob;
Thanks for your willingness to help "old farts" stay in modeling. Team scale by definition is one plane, builder & pilot ( 2 awards). You can only be on one team.

As for piloting for someone else (proxy) flying, you can do that as much as "builders physical condition" warrants it. As you may know in the last two years Fred Cronenwitt, Cris Brownhill and Peter Bauer have been pilots for others. We want everyone regardless of age or physical condition to stay in "competition" mode and we want them to stay a part of this hobby as long as they want.

By-the-way, I know "trophies" are not what your thinking here. Disregard all the other#@**&+%#$@ posted here.
See ya in July, have a safe trip, or better yet see ya at Brodaks in June.

Blessings
Allen

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 03:11:57 PM »
Thanks.,ok this is how this came about. I was asked to fly in the team event if the original pilot didn't make it back from the world champs in time. then Dave Platt asked me to fly his new plane in reg scale for him as he is getting dizzy now just going in circles( he is in his 80's) and he wants to compete at the nats .from what u say, this looks doable
rad racer

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here