News:

• April 25, 2024, 11:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: sport scale v/s fun scale diffrance  (Read 1352 times)

Offline old fart

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
sport scale v/s fun scale diffrance
« on: September 19, 2006, 05:30:44 PM »
deference between the two      ??? ??? ??? ???
RON SMITH

Offline Leroy Heikes

• Commander
Re: sport scale v/s fun scale diffrance
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 05:53:42 AM »
Ron;
    Sport Scale you have to be the builder of the model, and you have to provide documentation for outline and color, and you get a static score from 0-100 for how closely you matched the documentation. Fun Scale you can enter a model someone else built, or it can be an ARF the documentation is less stringnet, and the static score is only 0-10 points. The flying portion is the same.
    You can get the complete details in the scale rules listed on the AMA web site under the competition section.

Leroy

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 10:05:05 PM »
Is sport scale the same as stand-off scale?  What scale events do they hold at the NATS.   #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Leroy Heikes

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 07:35:14 AM »
At the Nats they fly FAI, Designer, Sport, Profile, and Fun scale.

Leroy

Offline chuck snyder

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 08:02:33 AM »
John,
Sport and stand-off refer to the same event. It's official name is Sport Scale. I suspect the stand-off terminology came from the fact that judging is done from 15 feet away. Prior to the advent of this event the judging was done from zero distance in an event called Precision Scale. Precision Scale is no longer a rule book event.

At the Nats we usually have the most competitors in either Profile or Sport. Very few in Designer; it is only about three years old and most models would also be competitive in FAI. Fun has only been offered twice so it is premature to predict how it's attendance pattern will develop.

Chuck Snyder
2006 Nats C/L SCale event director

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 08:18:17 PM »
I found a design that will make an interesting Fun Scale model.  In the February 1971 RC Modeler was a construction article for a Merco 61 powered WWI Italian ANSALDO SVA-5 with a 45 inch top wing.  I built it with an 18 1/4 inch top wing and a 15 inch bottom wing.  The fuselage is 16 inches long and I powered it with a COX 049 reed valve engine.  Weight ready to fly is 5.75 oz.  The prototype had a 6 cylinder in line engine so it has a nice long nose.   Heck, I might enter it in Designer Scale.  I did design the 1/2 A version.
Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here