News:

• April 23, 2024, 08:56:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some Progress!  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Some Progress!
« on: March 26, 2007, 07:37:12 AM »
Hi y'all,

I have made progress on my Great Lakes Trainer.  Wings are coming around and the fuselage is to the control system installation stage.  OS 40 LA for power, J.Roberts 3-line for main controls on this one.    I will go with Clancy's 3-line/electric system on the next "Scale" plane for flaps and retracts.  I hope to take some pictures when I get some of the parts covered.  I even have a Pilot ready! ;D

I have taken the advice of Chris McMillian, and others, to find some pictures of a full size plane to copy. 

It is the old Sterling kit, and has all kinds of die crushed parts, will probably weigh a ton (but I am saving weight wherever I can!) and it will have all the "Scale Rookie" mistakes.  BUT, it will be a start! y1

I am working on it between the Stunt planes I have to build for others so it will take a while,  I doubt it will be ready for the June Huntersville Meet, but I hope to have it for October!  I will probably be retireing in two years from this June, so I am geting a head start on the Scale Event!

Next up will be a Top Flite 1"-1' P-51D Mustang kit, then the Jemco FW-190D-9.

(Hey, Leroy!  I will make the "hollow log" P-47 very soon!)

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Leroy Heikes

• Commander
Re: Some Progress!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:17:05 AM »
Bill;
    Keep us posted on the P-47 Mine is waiting for me to carve the cowl.

Leroy

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 12:22:25 PM »
Bill,
Sounds great.
Hey,I have a couple Form Flight Mustang kits too. I'm trying to get my friend to make a set of decals for E.D.Wiener's zebra striped racer #49!
Chris...

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 08:33:42 PM »
Bill,
Sounds great.
Hey,I have a couple Form Flight Mustang kits too. I'm trying to get my friend to make a set of decals for E.D.Wiener's zebra striped racer #49!
Chris...

Hi Chris,

I have two of the TF kits.  One I bought and started 35 years ago!  It is still all there.  The other I swapped for and it is mint.  I will build them both, I hope!

Gonna get the Great Lakes Bipe done and go from there. ;D
Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 08:37:30 PM »
Bill;
    Keep us posted on the P-47 Mine is waiting for me to carve the cowl.

Leroy

Hi Leroy.

A simple hollow log build with a Babe Bee!  I am hoping to be able to get up to the NVCL Musciano Meet when retirement hits soon, y1

I am probably going to do a tank buster from the ETO.  I have an article somewhere of the "Joy Boy".  Black upper and aluminum underneath, w/red nose anr rudder.

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Leroy Heikes

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 05:30:09 AM »
Bill;
    I just about finished the stabilizer and elevator assembly for my new competition model of the P47, and it is twice as big as the wing on my little 1/2a hollow log version. I'm going to do this model up as the one in the Air Zoo. It will have a Super Tiger G .75 in it with retracts bomb/ tank drop and flaps.

Leroy

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 12:54:04 AM »
Bill;
    I just about finished the stabilizer and elevator assembly for my new competition model of the P47, and it is twice as big as the wing on my little 1/2a hollow log version. I'm going to do this model up as the one in the Air Zoo. It will have a Super Tiger G .75 in it with retracts bomb/ tank drop and flaps.

Leroy

I have a soft spot for the Jug!  When I can get started, I will build the Werwage Stunter as the "Little Chief"!

I saw an older plan from Walt Musciano for a good size C/L Razorback.  Gotta see if Walt has those......

As for the Great Lakes, I had a minor case of "Hanger Rash'!  Somehow one of the lower wings got crushed out at the tip.  No one seems to know how it happened! LOL!!  Not a hard fix, but a set back........

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here