Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Scale Models

Smith Miniplane

(1/9) > >>

fred cesquim:
anyone tried this SIG conversion? i am tight on schedule to finish within 80 days for brazilian nats
had to put the Aeronca aside due to some problems with engine supply and other materials, and elected the Miniplane for a back up plane
so far 3 working afternoons and already looks like a bipe

bill bischoff:
I had a friend that had one with a G21-46 and a three line system. It was a nice flier but not not the greatest in regard to scale fidelity.

fred cesquim:

--- Quote from: bill bischoff on August 26, 2021, 12:31:17 PM ---I had a friend that had one with a G21-46 and a three line system. It was a nice flier but not not the greatest in regard to scale fidelity.

--- End quote ---
sounds good to me, i will power with a LA46 3 lines, outlines are a bit off, but with such amount fo time available, i will be happy with results
no time to improve on that
good to know it flies well, has he attempted inverted flight?
regards

bill bischoff:
It was many years ago, and I can't remember for sure. Was the prototype capable of sustained inverted flight?

fred cesquim:

--- Quote from: bill bischoff on August 26, 2021, 08:50:10 PM ---It was many years ago, and I can't remember for sure. Was the prototype capable of sustained inverted flight?

--- End quote ---
i donīt think so, almost flat bottom wing, and on the reports and videos i havenīt seem them inverted. But, you know, would be a sight off competition to fly her inverted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version