News:

• April 19, 2024, 04:08:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Second scale electric control liner  (Read 1095 times)

Offline victorss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Second scale electric control liner
« on: November 22, 2006, 02:35:02 PM »
This is a TA 154 V3 built from a set of plans that appeared in 1975 Model Airplane News. It has a 50" wingspan and weighs 5.5 lbs. Power is supplied by two Hyperion Z3013 16 turn rotating case motors, two Hyperion Titan 50 A controllers, one Medusa Research BEC 45035 and two Thunder Power 2000 mAH Li Poly batteries. Except for the BEC there is one of each in each nacelle. It has flaps and throttle control. The plane is fast. Clocked speeds on 52 ft lines are 53MPH. Control is by a  Bill Young handle and decoder. I found  there were numerous things wrong with the plans. For one, the landing gear is far too soft and causes far too many bounces on landings. Air scoops are in tie wrong place and numerous other things so I am building another one to a more correct scale configuration. It is nearly finished. It turned out that it is the same weight as as the plans specified for the gas powered version that was powered by toe Enya .35 RC's

Victor Gearhart

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Second scale electric control liner
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 08:24:49 AM »
Hi Victor!

That is very nice!  Great paint job, and details. 

Even after several conversations with Bob Hunt, I have not really gotten the hang of the "electrics".   n~

It seems to me that electric is a great thing for scale.  No need to try and hide the cyclinder head and all.

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline victorss

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 09:28:18 AM »
After a very long absence I got back into C/L scale about five years ago. I bought a Bill Young control system and built a 45" WS HS 129 with 2 AP 15's. I ,literally, flew the wheels off it practicing touch & goes etc. Then a high school friend of mine gave me the Berkley B-25 kit that had been in his attic since he bought it in the late 50's and I decided to make it electric. It is my intent to never go back to gas. Your right, no cylinder heads and no fuel proof paint -- I just take a paint chip to either Lowe's of Home Depot and buy latex paint.

Vic Gearhart

Offline Michael Boucher

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 11:05:58 AM »
Sounds like the perfect way to go Victor :)
AMA 59633

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here