News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:26:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scale Tabulation worksheets  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Scale Tabulation worksheets
« on: May 03, 2021, 07:24:13 PM »
I put these worksheets together to help our club members here in St Louis on how to add up the CL scale flight scores at our contests here. Adding up the Stunt aerobatic score sheets is very different when you compare it to CL Scale. So these worksheets would be filled out for each pilot and it guides you thru how to pick the flight scores to be used, what to average and how to add all of the numbers up.

Notice in the 1/2a scale with 2 rounds the highest flight score is added twice but if you fly 4 rounds you take the two highest flight scores and add the static, high flight score and 2nd highest flight score together.

E-mail me at clscale7@gmail.com if you want the PDF copies. The JPG versions are attached here

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Scale Tabulation worksheets
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 02:26:28 PM »
Fred where can I get a set of 1/2 scale rules for St Louis contest.  I am considering building version 4 of my DO-335.  It would be nice if it was contest legal.  Thanks!   #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 04:09:45 PM »
You should be able to save off a copy of the CL scale rules, I will give that a try tonight and E-mail you a the PDF file with the rules.

John - also keep in mind that a proxy pilot is allowed if you are unable to do the complete flight

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 04:37:07 PM »
You should be able to save off a copy of the CL scale rules, I will give that a try tonight and E-mail you a the PDF file with the rules.

John - also keep in mind that a proxy pilot is allowed if you are unable to do the complete flight

Fred
Is their a web address link to the rules? 
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 06:20:27 PM »
Here is a link to the CL Scale rules on the AMA website, it is a PDF document that can be saved to your computer or printed out directly.

https://www.modelaircraft.org/sites/default/files/Control_Line_Scale_2019-2021_0.pdf

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 07:09:31 PM »
OK cool.  It's been years since I have flown any scale.  Did not know that AMA now has 1/2A rules.  Back when I started flying 1/2 scale at St Louis it was 1/2A profile twin scale, local rules only.  Looks like it has expanded  to include a much wider verity of models.  As I read the rules, all that is required is take off, ten laps, and landing.  If your 1/2A model is capable of stunts, say a loop, would that be a good thing or not matter at all?  As I read it, throttle control is not required but is it permitted?  How about the use of a fuel cutoff?  Not trying to stir pot,  just want to get the rules clear because I am in the design faze.  One more question, is the NV .061 a legal 1/2A engine  y1
PS thanks for posting the score sheet.  It tell a lot.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 07:30:29 PM by John Rist »
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 06:42:45 PM »
John, we wanted to keep 1/2A simple. Because of the simplicity of this event we have two new competitors, Christopher is 5 yrs old and his grandfather in his late 60’s.  All they have to do is fly, no stunt, no throttle just trying to keep it in the air is the true challenge.  Did I mention simple?
The Norvel .061 is considered 1/2A and legal.
I have just checked the pre registration and 1/2A is the largest class, we might get more from late entries.
Haven’t seen you since you competed at the FCM some year’s ago. Hope to see you again soon. #^
Blessings
Allen

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 08:01:19 PM »
Yes John, we've missed you!  Come on back! y1 #^
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Advertise Here