News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scale Rules Changes.  (Read 600 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Scale Rules Changes.
« on: February 21, 2021, 11:14:50 AM »
I submitted to two changes today.   I don't know when AMA will post them on their site.  I had not yet submitted any changes under the current regime.

One change is to allow the engine(s) to be restarted if there is a failure during a scale flight.  Capital punishment for engine failure was OK when it was all gas engines.  But now that electrics are mixed in the possibility of an engine problem vs the reliability of an electric motor was clearly unfair.   In scale, the engine is always on the borderline of disaster while trying to dead stop at idle or doing the touch-and-go and overshoot.

Also, the opportunity to salvage a flight after an engine problem could save the time of some additional attempts.
Finally, this eliminates the pressure to risk a model by continuing a flight with a sour engine run.

The other change is to do away the ten points for ten laps which is useless requirement that only wastes time and gives everybody ten unearned points.  I suggested a new option to make up the 100 points.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here