News:

• April 16, 2024, 11:52:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rules Change Proposals I have submitted  (Read 471 times)

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
Rules Change Proposals I have submitted
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
CL Scale Modelers

Dick Byron has withdrawn his two proposals.

As the Rules Change Cycle is moving along I thought that the fliers that are interested in CL Scale might like to know what the Rules Change Proposals I have submitted are about.

CLS-11-1
Allow Profile models to be flown in Fun Scale without a penalty. same as in Profile Scale.
CLS-11-2
Change wording for Model requirements from "Increased" dihedral angles to “Changes in” dihedral angle.  Original wording allowed straight “Stunt” wings to escape down grading for being flat.
CLS-11-3
For consistency in the rules:  Contestant can enter only one model in Sport scale, but can enter different  models in other scale events.
CLS-11-4
Clarify wording describing providing up to three sets of three view drawings to facilitate static judging.
CLS-11-5
Safety provision:  Allow Sharp pitot tubes to be removed after static judging for safety during flying.  This is the current rules in RC Scale.
CLS-11-6
Clarify how the scores are to be handled to break a tie.  There is an error in the present wording.
CLS-11-7
For consistency in the rules:  Contestant can enter only one model in Designer scale, but can enter different models in other scale events.
CLS-11-8
For Profile Scale event 521. Clarify wording for exemption from the dummy pilot and retract gear requirements.
CLS-11-9
Incorporate how to design a “Profile Scale” model.  Original description of this rule was provided by Paul Smith.  This is being discussed in detail on another thread on this forum.
CLS-11-10
For consistency in the rules:  Contestant can enter only one model in Fun scale, but can enter different models in other scale events.
CLS-11-11
Correct wording in Control Line Scale Flight Judging Guide.
CLS-11-12
Allows profile models in Fun Scale. 
CLS-11-13 and CLS-11-14
Together they switch the entry event rules from Profile Scale to Fun Scale. 
CLS-11-17 Clarifies that CL Scale is under CL General rules and Scale General rules.  This is stated in Paragraph 2. Safety Requirements, paragraph 2.8 of the Control Line Sport Scale rules.
     (This is another correction that is needed after Precision Scale was dropped.)

CLG-11-1
To remove conflict between the CL General and CL Scale rules.  In CL Scale we drop bombs or spray crops as a “Flight Option” but CL General rules state that a foul shall be called if any part of his model is lost in flight---.

I have also submitted 4 proposals for RC Scale and 2 in Indoor FF Scale.  In the two Indoor FF Scale events, a Judges Guide is called out but none are shown.  They use the same Judges Guides as used in Outdoor FF Scale but how would a new contestant find them?

Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Online Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Rules Change Proposals I have submitted
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »
For the most part, those proposals seem OK to me.  A couple comments.

Dihedral:  I think correct dihedral should get more points than flattened or reduced dihedral.  It's just a matter of building skill, not money or hard-to-get gizmos.

Pilots in Profile:  I think profile models without pilots look just as bad as unpiloted full-body models.  Even with a painted wood canopy, a painted-on or decal pilot is no big challenge. 

On the subject of PILOTS, paragraph 5 sets the pilot as a HARD CORE requirement.  No pilot - no fly!!    This is too harsh.  Maybe a 10-point penalty would be better.  The capitol punishment makes officials tend to ignore the pilot rule (as at the last few Brodaks).
Paul Smith

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
Re: Rules Change Proposals I have submitted
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »
Paul
Submit a Rules Change Proposal to cover the "No Pilot" rules.

I think I have submitted my allowed number of proposals for this cycle.
Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here