News:

• April 23, 2024, 02:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PICS. FROM THE FCM CONTEST  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
PICS. FROM THE FCM CONTEST
« on: August 24, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
RESULTS.

SPORT SCALE;

1ST.  CHUCK SNYDER          136.625            VAL
2ND. RICHARD SCHNEIDER    98.75              GULFHAWK
3RD. CHARLIE BAUER            90.0               BRISTOL

FUN SCALE; 

1ST.  RICHARD SCHNEIDER   51.5                RYAN
2ND. CHUCK SNYDER           44.0                TYPHOON
3RD. CHARLIE BAUER            9.25  (OPS)     ISLANDER
4TH. BOB PARDUE                8.0                 JEEP

PROFILE;

1ST.  CHARLIE BAUER           131.75             CONNIE
2ND. CHUCK SNYDER            105.75             HORNET

JUDGES; JACK SHEEKS & CLANCY ARNOLD. RUNNER; SHIRLEY SHEEKS
MANY THANKS TO SHIRLY, JACK, AND CLANCY FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

BLESSINGS
ALLEN

Offline Michael Boucher

• Captain
Re: PICS. FROM THE FCM CONTEST
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:13:10 AM »
Very nice pictures, thanks for posting!
AMA 59633

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:55:35 PM »
That Gulfhawk is AWESOME!
Chris...

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »
Just out of curiosity where is the FCM scale contest?  Another  ??? : The scores look low especially considering how good the models look in the pictures.  I realize that the score doesn't mater as long as the judging is consistent for a given contest.  Not trying to S?P just wondering?
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »
John;

The FCM contest is in Muncie at the AMA national flying site. As for the "low" scores, and I think Chuck will agree with me on this. You could not find better scale judges then Jack Sheeks (many times on the US scale team) and Clancy Arnold. And some of the planes had there problems too. It never bites you when you practice at home, only whene you go to a contest........... Give this contest a try next year, next to the Nats, and right there with the Brodak contest, this is great C/L scale competition.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:25:58 PM »
To anyone who wants to be competitive in Control Line Scale!

If you are serious I will give you the same guidance that I have given others.

Attend some Scale Contests and ask to watch and listen to the judges while they judge some scale models, CL and/or RC.  Do not stay with one set of judges but watch and listen to several doing different class of models.  What you hear will amaze you.

The first time I was a static judge was at the NATS in 1987. As a new judge I was paired with Dave Platt, what a learning experience.

I do not know of a judge that would not let you watch and listen.

Clancy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:09:02 PM by Clancy Arnold »
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 03:10:07 PM »
John;

The FCM contest is in Muncie at the AMA national flying site. As for the "low" scores, and I think Chuck will agree with me on this. You could not find better scale judges then Jack Sheeks (many times on the US scale team) and Clancy Arnold. And some of the planes had there problems too. It never bites you when you practice at home, only whene you go to a contest........... Give this contest a try next year, next to the Nats, and right there with the Brodak contest, this is great C/L scale competition.

Blessings
Allen

Yes!  I hope to make it the FCM contest next year.  I have been to one scale contest - last summers St Louis.  Talk about everything going wrong.  I got sick the day before at the motel. No it wasn't a hang over. Felt better Saturday morning.  My turn to fly - Couldn't get the ST 90 to run (trash in the carb). Got that fixed and the wheels locked and I had to jurk it off of the ground.  And of course the landing was a mess with locked wheels. But I had FUN- FUN - FUN.  This summer I was getting ready for the Nationals and I crashed my Extra 300S 5 days before it was time to leave.  I have been rebuilding her ever sense.  The thing about a crash it gives you a chance to fix all of things that need fixing.  Anyway I hope to make at least one contest this year - St Louis.  Next year at least 3 - FMC, Nats, and St Louis.

I am working on a Fun Scale for next summer.  Tower has an Extra 300S 46 size ARF that looks good.  Yes I have fallen in love with the Extra 300S.  Besides I have great looking scale prop. Which bring up the question:  Is it cool to use the same display prop on two different airplanes?
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline chuck snyder

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 08:40:21 PM »
Just got home from a fishing trip and not having access to a computer. Allen is correct that the FCM contest is well run. I have been there several times and hope to compete there again next year. The Muncie winds did play havoc with some of the models.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here