News:

• April 24, 2024, 10:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: old picture  (Read 872 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
old picture
« on: October 15, 2011, 07:12:17 AM »
I found this picture from a scale contest at Muncie's Westside park. (1972) I don't have any information but if you do please drope me a line. Thanks.

Blessings
Allen

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: old picture
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:41:43 AM »
Is sthis the park down by the river?
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:41:00 AM »
I remember the model because it was flown in Scale at the '72 Nats at Glenview. I don't know anything more than that, sorry.
Chris...

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 11:27:51 AM »
I cannot remember his name.  He was a Sgt in the Air Force and was stationed at Wright Patterson about that time.  (I was at Wright-Patterson then.)  He built these large scale models, all to the same scale.  If I remember right, he had a C-124, a C-5, maybe a B-29 and several others that I cannot remember.  There was an article about him in the Air Force magazine about that time (which I do not have a copy).

I do know that all of his models were built to the same scale which, if I rmember right was 1/2" to the foot (1/24th full size).  That B-52 whould have about an 8 ft span and would have a tail about 20 inches high which is about what that picture shows.  (Needless to say, his C-5 was huge.)

Keith

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »
?Sgt Gordon Ford, USAF control line team. That was the year that the USAF C/L team had a darker blue flight suits. I also believe that George Brown was also flying speed on that team. Saw Sgt Brown at several Dayton contests while he was stationed at Wright Patterson AFB. He also had a B36. There were two B36's at the 72 Glenview Nats. One was Ford's and someone else. One of them had a detailed cockpit and I think it was Ford's. I also believe he was in MAN with something big like a C5A but I am really reaching now. Oh the good old days.
Wayne
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:16:42 PM by Wayne J. Buran »
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 07:06:08 AM »
The Buzzin' Buzzards did a model demo at one of the WPAFB Foreign Technology Division family day picnics. Sgt Ford flew his C5, off the grass. It was quite a handful.
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »
I'm looking through my old pictures and haven't found it yet but there was a guy with a F86 Dyna jet. Looked and sounded great but it would not stay airborn. If I find it I'll post it.

If I'm not mistaken Ralf Bernstine won the contest and I can't find that picture eather, doooooo. n~

Blessings
Allen

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here