News:

• May 01, 2024, 02:52:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SIG Mfg  (Read 1510 times)

Offline t michael jennings

• AMA 83322
  • 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
SIG Mfg
« on: September 06, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
Gentlemen,

This is for your Information.

In the middle of August, made a order to SIG Mfg.

It had several items, but two of the items were;

1) Super Chipmunk C/L kit
  2) Nitrate dope, 2 qts.

Three weeks of no delivery and no response from SIG.  Attempted to call them several times.  Got a phone recording of their hours but no answer.  Finally got thru to Robbie or Bobbie (not sure which was the name) last week.

Robbie said SIG was out of balsa and not able to make kits.   
Robbie also said SIG was out of dope and did not have any idea when they would get a shipment.

T Michael Jennings            ???
Knoxville, TN

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: SIG Mfg
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 05:05:55 PM »
Sounds like someone is laying fown on the job.   LL~ LL~ But, that can happen to any manufacturer. Just give tham a chance.  I waited almost two months for a kit from them years ago. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline louie klein

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:52:05 AM »
I am going through the same thing! I have Nitrate dope and sanding sealer on back order for 5 weeks and they tell me they don't have the ingredients to make it and they don't know when they will be getting them! Not a way to run a business!----LOUIE   n1 mw~ mw~ n1

Offline louie klein

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:58:10 AM »
Just to add a little more to the subject, I would not mind at all if they would let me know at the time of my order that they are "out of stock" I see this on other companys orders.-----LOUIE  :! :! H^^

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 06:20:57 AM »
     Gentlemen,  I know some of the things that Sig is going through and I have just been told that my order too will be delayed.  This would not have happened a couple of years ago.  Along with several cut backs that I will not go into Sig, Brodak, Black Hawk Models, and all of the other manufactures are hurting ... we are in a depression and money is scarce.
     Lately everyone seems to want to argue with me so if you want to call it a ressession go ahead.  The point is that without money we all are struggling.

Larry
Black Hawk Models

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
Larry
I have to agree with you. 

I restarted U/Tronics Controls in January of 2005.  2005 sales were good.  2006 doubled 2005 sales and 2007 doubled 2006 sales.  2008 started at a pace to again double 2007 sales then came August.  Sales since August 2008, 2009 and so far in 2010 sales have been flat at the 2005 level or less. 

Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 01:10:36 PM »
    Our bottom was the first two quaters with a 60% drop in sales ... took us right to the edge, but now the third quater is looking pretty good.  I have employees to pay and had to borrow money to keep them on so now the next two quaters will be trying to pay back the loans.  The employees always come first, you can not afford to replace good people with bad ones.

Larry
Black Hawk Models

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 06:26:41 PM »
Larry
I have to agree with you. 

I restarted U/Tronics Controls in January of 2005.  2005 sales were good.  2006 doubled 2005 sales and 2007 doubled 2006 sales.  2008 started at a pace to again double 2007 sales then came August.  Sales since August 2008, 2009 and so far in 2010 sales have been flat at the 2005 level or less. 

Clancy

I know your problem --- Your control module is so reliable no one ever needs a second one -- LOL

LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Dennis Holler

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »
I just put in an internet order with Brodak last night and they had the "not available" label on the colored dope on their site so not sure what that means.. There is always  (for now) Randolphs
I've started plenty...would be nice to finish something!!!

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:12 PM »
 I work in retail management and can completely relate to the issues many businesses (like Sig) are currently trying to survive through. I've had to cut my buying and inventory way down the past couple years as have most businesses and companies. For many businesses it is absolute SURVIVAL mode at this point. I don't like doing it either, but they have to run lean inventories to be able to pay their vendors tabs. With that, the vendors are currently having to do the same, and so on and so on. It's all a snowball effect, or the s--t runs downstream thing, however you care to describe it. The more negative griping people do the worse it will get. So let's try not to beat up on Sig, we want them to be around tomorrow don't we? I do understand the frustration and totally agree that you should at least be able to contact people for information. Reality and fact is though that times have been VERY tough on a lot of these small companies, bigger ones too, and it's entirely possible that "information" person you're trying to contact might not even be there anymore. That person may currently be looking for a job. We all need to take a breath, knock off the "But I want it NOW" whining, have some patience and get through this thing.

Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline louie klein

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 06:14:46 AM »
I don't think I am Whining, I am just trying to spend money! Should I put it back in my pocket and wait as you suggest or try my best to help the cause?----LOUIE ??? ???

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 09:56:24 AM »
Don't blame it all on the companys and the economy.The EPA is making it tougher on the companys that make the solvents in the finish that contain the VOC's.Solvent based finishes of any kind are getting harder to get and WAY MORE expensive than they used to be.Givin there way,the EPA would have everything we spray be a water based product.The good news is water based finishes are fuel proof.The bad news is water does bad things to good wood.If all you are looking for is clear try Behlin's Alchohol resistant nitrocellulose laquer.It is available from Grizzly.com and was about $12.00 a quart the last time I got some a couple months ago..Dope is only fuel proof up to about 10 percent nitro anyway.This sruff is tough,alchohol resistant,flexable enough for modeling,and rubs out to a very high gloss like clear dope.Stewmac.com has color pigments that can be mixed with this product  for non-metallic colors.For sanding sealer just add talc the way we did in the good old days.This won't help Sig but might get your project moving.If the EPA has their way modeling dope will be to expensive to produce and no longer exist.Everyone knows the havoc us modellers bring to the eco system!!!!!Jeff
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »
 Sorry Louie, I didn't mean you personally. I was generalizing and just meant what seems like more and more people all the time to me. I deal with it all day everday. We always do our absolute best, but I rarely see any patience shown on the other side of our counter these days. Yes, please try to continue to spend money, but just because the money is there doesn't always mean the product is available. I'm just trying to say to keep in mind the struggles some of these companies are having these days. It might not be their fault at all, it could be their supplier(s) having trouble or a multitude of other potential issues. Patience helps sometimes. D>K
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Dennis Holler

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 08:33:28 AM »
As an engineer for a large company, I work with many suppliers to make sure the designs of our parts are are cost effective and maufacturable within their capabilities (ie: with their current tooling and machinery) and I also deal with my companies procurement side and I see how they treat our suppliers... it doesn't make me happy very much.  Its like Wayne says, there is no patience on the other side of the counter, and I'm sayin that working for the company on the other side with the no patience!!

Two thoughts
1.  I seem to be more patient now that I'm a little older...when I was 20 I couldn't wait five seconds for anything.
2.  It seems to be easier to be patient when one either knows more of the situation causing the delay or when one already has a good comfort level or familiarity with the selling company.

BTW,
Got my Brodak order yesterday  #^  They ship quick!!
I've started plenty...would be nice to finish something!!!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 09:24:16 AM »
What is bad is when the LHS says they don't stock an item because it does not sell enough.  Was told 7-6 props is smallest prop anybody uses.  Now I realize why I do mail order.  Same with the balsa.  Having to go to craft stores to find balsa I need.  Not enough $$$$$ to get an order to Lone Star or Balsa USA. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here