News:

• April 28, 2024, 09:49:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need help... First Scale project  (Read 15266 times)

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • "Never fly faster than your shoulder angel"
Re: Need help... First Scale project
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2015, 10:42:24 AM »
This is getting more and more interesting...

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

"There's no try. Do or Do not." - Master Yoda

"Wealth and fame, he's ignorant
Action is his reward, look out
Here comes Marcus, man..."

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2015, 06:34:09 AM »
Marcus,

Coming along nicely.  H^^

The Super Decathlon has a fabric covered fuselage, doesn't look like the kit you have offers this  scale construction? The wood sides just look straight?

Will you have a fuselage that is fabric covered over longerons like the actual aircraft?

Will you loose points if you don't?

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2015, 04:23:11 PM »
Charles, right now all focus is on building... Finishing comes later...LOL...
Because our snail was on a strike, I just got the 3-line bellcrank and handle.. I thought it would be better to have the bellcrank before going on with the fuselage... I've placed the mount 1/2" below the engine thrust line, so I have room for a pilot figure. Now, I'll buy the motor mount, which I thought i had one... LOL... Then, make the throttle work... That should be interesting... I was Lucky and won't have to make any crazy thing.
The wing is one piece, missing the ailerons, which I'll glue to the TE and the tips, plus the strut mounts..
I'll go check the real thing tomorrow, and hope to get some help from the flying club, since I got my pilot's licence there... Then, I'll build the tail.
No cockpit details except from the dash and the pilot.. I am afraid of messing with the bulkheads and weakening the structure..
I got less than 30 days to do this...
Anyway, it will be fun....
Gonna get a little more done and post a few pics so you guys can tell me what you think.
FAI rules suck... Wish we had your Sport Scale here....

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »
Marcus,

Do you have full size plans with that kit?

Are the graphics drawn on the plans?

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »
Well, I didn't make it to the championship...
Though I tried as hard as I could...
Anyway, when I started this, I knew it might happen...
Gonna continue this build until it's finished, since I don't have to rush anymore, I will take my time to do it properly.
I have enjoyed this a lot... It is a different kind of building, and I am really curious to see how I handle a 3-line system.
Sorry Charles, It took me a little while to pop up here... Yes, the plans have the graphics, not exactly like the one I am doing but it's a reference anyway.

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
Marcus, I understand what you are saying, it took me 5+ years to finally build and complete a Scale Model that I kept saying I was going to do!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here