News:

• April 19, 2024, 10:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nats question.  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
Nats question.
« on: April 15, 2015, 04:56:41 AM »
Charlie Bauer asked a very good question when we meet at the Toledo Expo last weekend. Can you have a proxy pilot in all C/L scale events? I called Richard Scheider and this is the answer according to the present AMA rules. Yes you can.
 First, proxy flying. According to the General Information part of the AMA Competition Regulations, on page 15, item 8, proxy flying is allowed for, among other events, CL Scale.  The
CD must be convinced of the physical inability of the builder to fly the model himself.  But, the builder must be present, absence is not considered a physical disability.

This will keep those who are unable to fly their aircraft at contest, involved in modeling. I don't know who thought this rule up, but I applaud them. This is a good rule. Thanks for your help Richard.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Jim Fruit

• Commander
Re: Nats question.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »
Wow, I need to read the balance of the rules. This one sort of flew by us in the past, in that I have never seen it done at a contest before. I think I understand the intent behind the ruling, but in accordance with how it reads, when it come to something like a loss of skills due to age (not such an obvious disability) something like a Doctor's letter would be necessary to convince the CD. This would affect people mostly like myself and Charlie. I don't read the rule that one can just walk up to the CD and say "I am disabled, he is going to fly for me". That sort of negates the reasoning for Team Scale.

Jim Fruit

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: Nats question.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:49:29 AM »
I found the rule on page 19 and it does not exclude CL scale, that would make it legal....this kinda blurs the lines between Team scale and other events.

https://www.modelaircraft.org/files/2015-2016General.pdf

Fred

Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here