News:

• May 03, 2024, 02:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: electric at the Nats  (Read 2991 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
electric at the Nats
« on: July 09, 2015, 11:19:44 AM »
\
  is anyone going to post anything on the problem of electric motors not running at the start of the flight  and at taxi  or are we going to wait and bring it up at the nats when no one has time to fix the problem
rad racer

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: electric at the Nats
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 04:11:19 PM »
The only thing I have heard is that electric motors will be treated like glow motors, if the electric motor stops at any point then it's treated like a glow engine had quit and the flight is over.

It is generally accepted (I think) that the pilot can start the electric motor on command with the electronic controls or 2.4 Ghz. I treat that just like starting a glow engine.

I have my electronics (2.4 Ghz transmitter) set up so that I use the trim to start the motor, at this point the throttle stick can go to full idle position and the motor will still be running. Then at the end of the flight I use the trim again to shut the motor down.

We need to bring this up at the Friday Meeting...

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:07:38 PM »
This and other items have been on the agenda for Fri. night meeting. This is not the place to address this issue. But since you brought it up, Fred is close to right. That's all till Fri. Night.

Blessing
Allen

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 03:26:32 PM »
I have flown scale in the past.  As always read the rules and comply.  It is easy to set up an electric to comply with the motor rules.   #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 02:44:01 PM »
Thank you John.

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »
While judging everyone complied with the motor turning after landing,taxi,ect. and no one got docked at my end for a stoppage.A reasonable rule especially towards the realism of flight. H^^ H^^ to all the E-scale pilots.
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here