News:

• April 16, 2024, 12:13:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Experence  (Read 632 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
My Experence
« on: March 28, 2007, 09:36:42 AM »
          My first scale model was back in 1966 was a P-1 Polish fighter. Yes, it was from a Sterling kit. I won some local competition with that plane and I went on to build several other scale models. In the 1960's there were always several scale models at every contest. Recently I have been to several local contest and have not seen more than 3 planes entered in scale. As you know I am close to offering a scale model kit, Fokker D-VII, and I wanted to give you some insight into what you might expect.
          Straight out of the box this kit should clean up in most local contest. To do well in regional contest you will need to do more research and work. At National contest kit models do not fair well, well they did not back in the 60's anyway. Our goal is to offer a scale model that the beginner can build and fly and/or compete with. The more experienced builder can use it as a base to create a beautiful scale model. The expert might not be as interrested in it.
          Black Hawk Models is devoted in bringing more modelers into the hobby and is not that concerned so much in catering to the professional model builder. Thank you for your support.
Larry

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here