News:

• April 24, 2024, 11:45:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Large Scale plans and kits?  (Read 1458 times)

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Large Scale plans and kits?
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:56:05 AM »
I am looking for my next scale project.  I want a kit or plans that can handle a RC ST 90 power or RCV 120.  What is the best source for plans or kits for WW1 and WW2 war birds or perhaps a Spirit of St Louis.  I looked at Tower and Balsa USA. Are there other kit builders of large kits. :)!  I want it for stand off scale.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline chuck snyder

• Commander
Re: Large Scale plans and kits?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:07:07 AM »
John,
Bob Holman sells plans and laser cut parts for models designed by Brian Taylor in England. Many of his designs are of the size you seek and they have a reputation of being very accurate to scale. I have been flying Taylor's Hawker Typhoon with an OS 1.20 four stroke. Excellent design and flight characteristics. Leroy Heikes posted that he has Taylor's Me-110; perhaps he will chime in here with his observations. Top Flite Gold Edition kits are available but may be a bit over-powered with your engines. I flew the P-40 with a ST .75 for several years. For WWI stuff check out Mick Reeves, also in England. You can find a lot of info on these models at www.rcscalebuilder.com. Most of the magazines have plans archives; any of the R/C designs can be converted to U/C.
Chuck

Offline Leroy Heikes

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 09:06:29 AM »
John;
   Like Chuck said I do have the Brian Taylor plans for the ME-110. They are outstanding plans, and Bob Holman carries cowls and canopies for these planes. It will take me a while before it is finished. I had planned on doing a profile version of the ME-110, but when I received the plans I just had to go with the built up fuselage.
   I built a small (to Small) scale model of the Ryan NYP. It was a fun model to build, and I like to fly it, however it is too small, and is very sensitive to wind conditions. Flying Models has plans for a large Ryan NYP drawn up in the 70's for RC with a 96" wingspan.

Leroy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 05:04:49 AM by Leroy Heikes »

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:20:29 PM »
Thanks!!!  Is this foram cool or what?  I will check out the above sites. #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 02:18:02 PM »
For really high quality WW1 types, go to   
 http://www.proctor-enterprises.com/
Jim Kraft

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 08:16:46 AM »
John;

Have a set of RCM plans for a HEINKEL  HE-51, they should be adaptable for C/L. PM me if you are interested, it calls for an OS.90 FSR.  This is a large Bi-Plane, I'm culling some of my older plans. They have yellowed but are in good shape and useable.

Bill Gruby   y1 y1 y1
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here