News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:03:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Juniors at the 2008 World Championships  (Read 1015 times)

Offline chuck snyder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Juniors at the 2008 World Championships
« on: January 19, 2007, 05:17:06 PM »
GOOD NEWS!!! :) I just received a phone call from Charlie Bauer AMA District VI vice president who told me that the AMA will recognize a junior team to the 2008 World Scale Championships in Poland. The Poles announced that there would be a junior competition when the formal invitation was issued last year. There has been a concern here that the requirements spelled out in the AMA document regarding recognition and funding of new teams could not be met regarding junior scale competitors. Although there will not be any AMA funding of juniors, at least the ducks are in a row to permit a team to attend. I do not know what the selection process might involve.

So do any of you have young proteges who could represent our country?

I attended the 2004 WC in Poland and it was fantastically well done. I imagine the Polish Aeroclub will do as well or better in 2008. It would be the thrill of a lifetime for a young competitor.

Chuck Snyder

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
Re: Juniors at the 2008 World Championships
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:47:25 PM »
Chuck,
       I just got back home. I talked to Jack Sheeks just a few seconds ago. Funding or no. This is good.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 02:01:53 AM »
It is great news.  I hope we can get a team that can afford to go!

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline chuck snyder

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 07:43:58 AM »
It is official that the trials for the Junior team will be at the Nats in August. Note that for FAI purposes "Junior" means less than 19 as of the end of 2008. See the NASA website for information. www.NASAscale.org  Also note that there will not be any AMA funding for the Junior team.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 09:00:47 AM »
It is official that the trials for the Junior team will be at the Nats in August. Note that for FAI purposes "Junior" means less than 19 as of the end of 2008. See the NASA website for information. www.NASAscale.org  Also note that there will not be any AMA funding for the Junior team.

Hi Chuck,

*Maybe* NASA can set up a fund for the Juniors to help defray the costs of the trip. (??)

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here