Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Scale Models

Aug 15-16 - 2020 Buder Park St Louis MO Fun Fly - 60th Anniversary

(1/2) > >>

Fred Cronenwett:
Hello all,

Buder Park was started in 1960 and the Lafayette Esquadrille CL club in St Louis will be hosting a Fun Fly on June 27-28, 2020 to celebrate 60 years of flying in this County Park. We just had all of the asphalt flying surfaces sealed. This is Fun Fly, not a contest so if it's a CL model it can be flown.

For all of the Scale pilots the square pad is 150' x 150' of asphalt, if your lines are 70 feet or shorter you can fly there with any size wheels

We have the 60' do-nut, square pad, carrier deck and the speed circle. So regardless of what you fly, how fast or how slow there will be circle to fly in. We will have the Balloon bust equipement out and the carrier deck ropes available.

We are just getting going on the planning for this, keep this date open!

www.lafayetteEsquadrilleCL.wordpress.com

Fred Cronenwett

John Rist:
Sounds like fun!   It's it's next summer -  Plenty of time to get ready.    #^  PS as time goes on you need to post this in Open Forum.  Not everybody looks at Scale.

Fred Cronenwett:
I do have the same post in the carrier and open category. The problem with the Open forum is that things move daily I will have to reply to it on a weekly basis to get it to the top of the list.

The square pad main flying circle is really nice now, it's very smooth. I was flying my 38" span spitfire this morning with fantastic weather. No matter where you touch down on the square pad, or the do-nut and the speed circle it's a smooth clean surface.

Fred

Fred Cronenwett:
Sanction has been applied for and I have attached the flyer for the Fun Fly

Fred

Fred Cronenwett:
The fun fly will be extended into Sat & Sunday. Arrive early and you can fly on Friday. this would be a great chance to test and tune your airplanes for the Nats in July.

We will be doing some cleanup on Friday morning but the circles will be available after we get those cleaned up. Friday is not an official day for the fun fly but how often do you get to fly on a paved circle?

Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version