News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:07:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Joe Nall week  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
Joe Nall week
« on: January 06, 2018, 09:02:46 AM »
Any entrust in having C/L scale competition at the Joe Nall in May? if so I'll work on putting it together, if not I wont wast my time. Need to know ASAP.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: Joe Nall week
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 04:02:48 PM »
I can't make it but hopefully the Grass is cut low enough to allow taxi and touch and go operations with smaller wheels. Someone should contact Ed Mason (US Mail) and ask him. We have several pilots to live near that location. Joe Eiben might be another who might be interested.

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »
First off; I have flown at Triple Tree and the grass circles (2) are better than any surface you've ever flown off of, you can take off a .010 scale with no problem, truly like a putting green.

Second; Richard Schneider suggested just showing up to fly some C/L scale, no contest per-say. Maybe we'll work on a day that joins C/L stunt competition but doesn't enter fear with it.

More later.

Blessings
Allen
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There most certainly will be control line activities during Joe Nall Week this coming May! Our formula for last year seemed to work so well, we are repeating it again. Joe Nall Week is Saturday, May 12 - Saturday, May 19, 2018. There will be open c/l flying from May 12th up to and including Wednesday, May 16. On Thursday, May 17th, Randy Smith has volunteered again to run Stunt Camp which was such as huge hit last year.

Our two day Triple Tree Aerodrome Stunt Contest is Friday and Saturday, May 18 - May 19. On Firday, we will fly Profile and Classic, and on Saturday, PAMPA CL Precision Aerobatics.

And like last year, we will have beautiful trophies for all pilots who place as well as very cool and free commemorative T Shirts for all competitors who fly in any event on Friday and or Saturday.

The circles are the finest grass you will ever find and the 470 acre Triple Tree Aerodrome is a very special place for anyone into aviation, model or full scale.

I will be posting updates starting next month. I have also spoken to Alan Goff and invited any scale modelers to come and enjoy the flying and cameraderie. Any C/L airplane and their pilot are welcome! If you do not have an airplane, we will put you on one of ours!

Mark

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 10:56:19 PM »
will there be any 1/2 A scale
rad racer

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 01:17:05 PM »
Bob, if it happens I'm bringing mine.
I stand corrected, Triple Tree has 3 circles not 2 as I first reported.
Talked with Mark Mon. and he would like to see the C/L scale community show up.
Stay tuned.

Blessings
Allen

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here