News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:28:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IMPORTAIN NEWS FOR THE 2014 SCALE NATS!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
IMPORTAIN NEWS FOR THE 2014 SCALE NATS!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 01, 2013, 06:24:42 AM »
GENTELMEN;

A note from the R/C NATS CD - Jim Martin. We have been informed by AMA that the 2014 Scale Nats is scheduled for July 11-13. Unfortunately, the Ironman competition which took many of the hotel rooms is scheduled for Saturday, July 12. So, we will probably have the same problems booking rooms as we did this year. Make your hotel reservations ASAP if they want a room. YOU CAN ALWAYS CANCEL THEM LATER IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO COME.

BLESSINGS
ALLEN

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
Re: IMPORTAIN NEWS FOR THE 2014 SCALE NATS!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 05:38:26 PM »
up

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:02:07 AM »
 D>K I will continue to use this tread to update everyone on anything of importance concerning the 2014 C/L Scale Nats.

Pete Klepsic made a good observation from this past year. "We static judge our event in a dimly lit tent". Pet said as a static judge, 15 feet away it is difficult to see the plane clearly, especially a camouflaged airplane. Next year we will be back to "Stage Center" as in 2012. We will do what they do at the FAI worlds. We will have bright lights focused on the T tables, ( the static table ).

Again, PLEASE pre enter. All the awards are based on entries. If you did not now this I'll tell you now, Charlie Bauer picked up the tab for all the third place awards. By the way, thanks Charlie.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »
I called the hotel to make a reservation but they were not taking reseravations just yet (too early). I will be checking back with the hotel in Dec or Jan to see if they are taking reservations at that point.

I also noticed on the 2013 nats entry form says that the last day to enter CL scale is July 10th, this gives the AMA no time to get the number of awards ready based upon the number of entries.

Allen -  We need to know what date we need to register by so that the AMA has enough time to get everything in place

Thanks,
Fred

Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »
I called the hotel to make a reservation but they were not taking reseravations just yet (too early). I will be checking back with the hotel in Dec or Jan to see if they are taking reservations at that point.

I also noticed on the 2013 nats entry form says that the last day to enter CL scale is July 10th, this gives the AMA no time to get the number of awards ready based upon the number of entries.

Allen -  We need to know what date we need to register by so that the AMA has enough time to get everything in place

Thanks,
Fred

I just went on line and made my reservations for July 9 through July 14 2014 At Days Inn.  So now they are taking reservations.  Not sure if I will make it but right now it is the plan.  That gives me Thursday to relax.

http://www.daysinn.com/hotels/indiana/muncie/search-results?partner_id=&Available_property=false&campaign_code=&checkout_date=07%2F14%2F2014&children=0&useWRPoints=false&ratePlan=BAR&teens=0&affiliate_id=&searchWithinMiles=&PriceFilter=0-2147483647&perpage=15&brand_code=BH%2CDI%2CRA%2CBU%2CHJ%2CKG%2CMT%2CSE%2CTL%2CWG%2CWY%2CPX%2CWT%2CWP%2CPN&content=false&iata=&adults=2&checkin_date=07%2F10%2F2014&radius=25&rooms=1
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »
Got my reservation now for next year, get it now before the other events in muncie fill up the rooms!

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 02:07:03 PM »

Thanks,
Fred

Do you know what the last day that we can enter the Nats 2014 so that there is enough time to get the trophies? June 14th, the deadline day for refunds.

On the 2013 entry form it says that no refunds will be given after June 14th and the deadline to enter is July 10th. If we all entered on July 9th they would have no time to get any trophies and they would have to scramble to get all the paperwork together for everyone.  They can enter the day of "Static" judging, 10:00 am. They will not be added for the trophy count.

My guess is that folks waited until the last minute because the form does not have a normal deadline to enter like some of the other events. 

The Control Line events says that if you enter after Jun 15th you have to pay a $50 late fee. That is a deadline to enter if I ever saw one. There is no late charge for C/L Scale. They can enter the day of "Static" judging, 10:00 am. They will not be added for the trophy count.  

If you still have question, drop me a line.

Blessings
Allen

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here