News:

• April 16, 2024, 01:10:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fokker DR1 "King Size Fokker Triplane" from Hobby Helpers  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Dennis Holler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Fokker DR1 "King Size Fokker Triplane" from Hobby Helpers
« on: May 20, 2021, 02:36:14 PM »
Been a long time since I have touched my airplanes, but  have been looking again lately.  One I really like is this old Hobby Helpers Fokker plan from about 1954.  It's about 35.5" wingspan and per the original article was powered by a O&R .60 on gas and was stated to weigh 48 oz complete.  I was thinking about which engine's might work well in this size plane and was thinking something in the .35-.40 size range and I have a few OS MAX S35's and H40's I could use.  I liked it enough I bought a full sized plan long ago lol so I was laying out these OS engine's on the face of the plan to see how they fit in the as designed structure.  Looks like the .35 would fit perfect and the .40 being slightly longer would require some re-design of the nose.  I guess it wouldn't be a big deal either way since the O&R was radially mounted and all that will change with any beam mount I would use.  I guess what I am wondering is would a good .35 be enough for this triplane?  If I built it, I would like to doo some aerobatics with it, at least I think I would lmao.  Looks like all three wings have symmetrical shapes but the plan does not show flaps.  Was also wondering about the slight down angle of the tail plane as originally designed and was thinking I had read somewhere this can lead to some handling issues so was also wondering if that is something that could or should be altered or am I completely off base with even worrying about it?  Looks like the plan is also available on the outerzone if anyone is interested as well.  That is where this scan came from.
I've started plenty...would be nice to finish something!!!

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here