News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:15:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FOKKER D-VII UP-DATE BHM added pics  (Read 1992 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
FOKKER D-VII UP-DATE BHM added pics
« on: February 13, 2007, 03:14:41 PM »
For those of you who have asked; the second proto type kit has arrived (at last). I called the laser cutter and he will tighten a couple of parts and be ready to start production as soon as I tell him how many.
        I have never seen a kit like this....well not since Cleveland threw in the towel. Even the spars are notched for the ribs and have the dehidral built in. The scallops in thr trailing edges are there, this is a very nice kit. There is a lot of contest balsa used in the kit too. I am now sending in some plans to have the Radiator vac-formed, it will depend upon the cost as to weather it makes it into the kit. We have projected the kit price to be between $80 and $90.
          For those not keeping up it is 1" to the foot full scale control line model. This is the way scale models should be.
Larry

P.S.
Order placed for 30 kits, that is 2 per month plus replacement parts.
P.P.S.
pictures are about 5 down
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:59:03 PM by LARRY RICE »

Offline Superclown

• Ensign
Re: FOKKER D-VII UP-DATE BHM
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 09:33:31 AM »
Hi Larry,

Do you have any pictures of the kit?  I'm interested.

Thanks,
Henry
Henry
Superclown

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:21:28 PM »
Are you taking orders for the kits? If so how?
Leester
ama 830538

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 02:11:38 PM »
I am not taking orders right now, we are to far out but maybe next month when the last details are in the works, I will let you know.
Larry

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »
PICTURES:

Top Picture
First prototype note that the cockpit has not been removed yet and in nither picture are the gun parts shown.

Second picture 
parts sheets that will go into the kits please note that there is a lot of parts but the kit is pretty easy to assemble. Other parts are axel spreader wing, guns, and formed cowling.

Full size plans will include scale detail pictures and info.
Larry

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: FOKKER D-VII UP-DATE BHM added pics
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 10:33:16 PM »
Hi Larry,

The pictures show some pretty good looking stuff!  I hope the kit does well for Black Hawk.  There has been so little done in the way of larger Scale C/L kits in such a long time!

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 06:53:32 AM »
Bill,
         That is exactly why we went into this area of modeling. In the 60's and 70's there were a lot of this type of models, offered by almost all control line companies. Going into the scale models we purchased several plans that give us a wide selection of models. So far the responce has been something less than encouraging. It seems that most scale builders are happy with eithed R/C kits or stick and tissue kits.
        This line has been out of production so long that I have had to re-work everything that has come in from CAD work to laser cutting, even getting the plans the way they should be in a good scale kit. This one kit has been in the works for almost 2 years and in the planning for another year longer. At this point we will never recoupe our investment, that is something that I will be trying to justify to my partners next month.
Thanks, Bill,
Larry  :-\

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 03:48:32 PM »
I'll take one. I have the larger Sterling kit of the D-7. The smaller one will be great.
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 10:15:45 PM »
What are the vitals of this kit? WS, Length, Eng. etc.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 11:06:37 PM »
Upper wing 27 1/2" length 22" recomended engine .15 to .19
Scale 1" - 1' all laser cut with hardware projected price $90.00
Larry

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 01:26:22 PM »
For those of you who have asked; the second proto type kit has arrived (at last). I called the laser cutter and he will tighten a couple of parts and be ready to start production as soon as I tell him how many.
        I have never seen a kit like this....well not since Cleveland threw in the towel. Even the spars are notched for the ribs and have the dehidral built in. The scallops in thr trailing edges are there, this is a very nice kit. There is a lot of contest balsa used in the kit too. I am now sending in some plans to have the Radiator vac-formed, it will depend upon the cost as to weather it makes it into the kit. We have projected the kit price to be between $80 and $90.
          For those not keeping up it is 1" to the foot full scale control line model. This is the way scale models should be.
Larry

P.S.
Order placed for 30 kits, that is 2 per month plus replacement parts.
P.P.S.
pictures are about 5 down

Larry,
I wonder about your comment on dihedral being a feature in this kit. I have been looking at a few drawings and pictures of the real DVII and see no dihedral on this ship. I see no need for it on a C/L model, so is this included in this kit for a reason, or...?

Chris...

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 02:28:10 PM »
This is a quote from "Jane's Fighting aircraft of World War I" a reproduction of "Jane's All the World's aircraft" published in 1919.
"The wings are set with a dihedral angle of approximately 6 deg."

The effect on the flying of the model is to make it a little more stable in the air.
Larry

Offline Leroy Heikes

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 05:22:55 AM »
Chris;
    This is a scale model. CL or not you will loose points for not having the scale dihedral. From what I have seen and experienced dihedral doesn't hurt the models flying ability, but sure makes it look better. I read an article by Nick Ziroli were he put a couple degrees of dihedral in a model of the Heath Baby bullet even though the full size Bullet had no dihedral. He said he did it so that when the model was judged the wing would look flat not have the optical illusion of anhedral. I have since looked at models I have built and my model of the Ryan NYP is perfectly flat, and it does look like it droops, but when you put the straight edge on it is flat.

Leroy

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 06:51:01 AM »
I think that the thing to learn is that you can not trust just looking at pictures and diagrams, you need to do your research.
Larry

Offline tom dreisbach

• New Pilot
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 09:53:56 PM »
The D-7 had the dihedral built into the wing.It was tapered from the center out to the tips, top and bottom on both
wings. Also the ribs were under cambered.
Tom Dreisbach

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »
The D-7 had the dihedral built into the wing.It was tapered from the center out to the tips, top and bottom on both
wings. Also the ribs were under cambered.
Tom Dreisbach

Thank you Tom.
         We designed the wing to include the scale dihedral exactly as you have stated it. We use a flat bottom airfoil but this is a small consession that is usually permitted.
Larry

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 05:08:19 PM »
When are you accepting orders? I would love to have one.
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 09:36:43 PM »
I am hoping to have the engine cowling here sometime next month, it is the only part that is left, it is being Vac-U-Formed. When it is here I will offer a special sale price and start shipping with-in two weeks after that. This time is to put the finishing touches on the plans, make the boxes and get the last couple of pieces cut here. I can not seem to hold the Vac-U-Former's feet to the fire.
Larry  n~

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 12:25:41 AM »
DVII drawing.
Chris...

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 10:43:17 AM »
OK! Chris,
          Take a good straight edge and lay it along the top of the upper wing leading edge of the front view. Now slid it down to where it rest on the bottom of the wing tips. Note that the center is still lower........this is the built in dihedral. You will also see it on the lower wing and if you look at the side view you can see that the center of the wing is below the wing tips.
          Nice drawing, where is it from?
Larry

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 11:40:34 PM »
I looked it up from Google I think. Can't remember the site. It said it was cool to download it, though.
Chris...

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here