Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Scale Models

F4B update.

(1/3) > >>

Allen Goff:
I’ll only touch on two rules changes here.
The FAI C/L rules committee (Richard Schneider and myself members) have done a rewrite of F4B rules and they are in writing and will be presented to the CIAM committee for acceptance. The vote will take place the middle of November.

1; The use of 2.4 radios for optional use.
2; Static judging from 5 meters.

There is more but these are the two major ones.
FYI, F4B reinstatement into world competition has been in the works for two years so thanks for the hard work of my friend Paul from Norway.

Blessings

Paul Smith:
Please refresh my memory.  What is the ratio of static to flying points in F4B?

As I recall, the event was killed by the extreme professionalism of the shop-built Soviet models and the low value of flying points.

As I read it, the final WC in Norway had only four nations evented and the host nation fielded a token entry make the quorum.

Good luck on your efforts, but I wouldn't expect much to change in the future.

Allen Goff:
As of 11/17/2021:
A draft was sent to the CIAM committee to be voted on. Here’s just a few points.

Flight to Static scores will be 50/50.
2.4 radio for options control allowed. Flight control manual.
Static judging from 5 meters. (16.4 ft.)
Options just 4 not 6.

Basically it will look like our Sport Scale. As soon as it is voted on I’ll pass it on here on stunt hangar.
Happy Thanksgiving

Trostle:
With these rules, is there a penalty in the flight score for not having working retracts on a model of a full size plane with retracts?

Keith

Allen Goff:
Keith, yes, Any full size aircraft that has retract and doesn’t display there use shall have there total flight score reduced 25%
Blessings

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version