Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Scale Models

F4B rules question

<< < (2/2)

Pete Bauer:
Fred - you are correct that the 2022 F4 scale rules do not allow for radio control function.  Rules changes were approved in April 2022 (will be posted/effective 1st January 2023) that will allow for "secondary control functions" (including but not limited to control of engine/s, landing gear, landing flaps) to be controlled using 2.4GHz radio control equipment with the transmitter under the sole control of the pilot in the center of the circle during the flight.

For the 2022 NATS, we will be using the F4 2022 edition with the additional approved changes in my posting above.  The 2022 NATS is our first opportunity in many years to fly F4 and we want to use this as preparation for team selection in 2023.

--- Quote from: fred cesquim on May 26, 2022, 04:17:18 AM ---i am a bit confused, from the 2022 rulebook, to my understanding no regular radio control is allowed, only wire pulse or automatic devices( maybe a timer or something programmable on the model).
am i right or misunderstanding the allowance of radio control (regular system like futaba/jr etc..) on the translation?

6.2.2. Control Mechanism
a) All Control Line Flying Scale Model Aircraft must be permanently attached to two or more nonextensible wires or cables during flight.
b) Primary Control Function:
 The model aircraft’s flight path may only be controlled by manually activated and mechanically
linked flight control elements. This must be by a hand-held control handle manipulated by the
pilot located on the ground at the centre of the model aircraft's flight circle. No automatic
control of the Primary Control Function shall be permitted.
c) Secondary Control Functions:
 These may include (but are not limited to) control of engine/s, landing gear, landing flaps.
Secondary Control Functions may be controlled by the pilot via wires/cables, or may function
completely automatically. The frequency of any electro-magnetic pulses sent through
wires/cables shall not exceed 30 kHz
d) No control of either Primary or Secondary Control Functions other than through wires/cables
shall be permitted.
e) Before each flight the entire mechani

--- End quote ---

fred cesquim:

--- Quote from: Pete Bauer on May 26, 2022, 08:15:56 AM ---Fred - you are correct that the 2022 F4 scale rules do not allow for radio control function.  Rules changes were approved in April 2022 (will be posted/effective 1st January 2023) that will allow for "secondary control functions" (including but not limited to control of engine/s, landing gear, landing flaps) to be controlled using 2.4GHz radio control equipment with the transmitter under the sole control of the pilot in the center of the circle during the flight.

For the 2022 NATS, we will be using the F4 2022 edition with the additional approved changes in my posting above.  The 2022 NATS is our first opportunity in many years to fly F4 and we want to use this as preparation for team selection in 2023.

--- End quote ---
thanks Pete, will infor brazilians aabout it!
let us know how it goes
regards!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version