News:

• April 19, 2024, 02:09:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: F4B information only  (Read 464 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
F4B information only
« on: March 31, 2023, 09:06:26 AM »
 We will be using this site for F4B information and updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all,

I've talked to the sub-committee chairman today about the upcoming 2024 World Championships.  We discussed the location which will be in Ploiesti, Romania there at the airport, which is a great location.  Same place that was held in 2016.

Most of the contestants and judges stayed at the Hotel Central there in Ploiesti where there are several shops and places to eat besides the hotel.  I checked today and rooms there now are about $70 per night and Romania does not use the Euro for their currency, so like 2016 it should be much cheaper for us to travel there and eat as well.

Pal said he has a verbal confirmation from the head of the Romanian Sports Authority the following classes will be held including F4C, F4H and F4B.  As to the dates it will be sometime late July or early August.

You want to be sure and check the sizes of needed model boxes before getting to the airport and having an over size box.

Everyone who goes will have to have their FAI Stamp as well as the USA Passport.  Be sure to check TSA travel limitations for things like liquids including fuel, batteries etc.

More information will be coming out later this year and I know Pal is pushing the Romanians to publish more information soon.

Cheers,

Stan Alexander

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: F4B information only
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 01:01:57 PM »
I recall flying in Europe and Britain in 1974, 1976, 1978, and 1986.

Getting model boxes on airliners was something of a hassle back then but still possible. 

But considering covid, terrorism, and the profit motive today, it must be very near impossible.

If I was considering entering a contest via airline today, I would ship the model box via UPS, Fedex or Railway Express and not even mess with the airlines.
Paul Smith

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 03:15:09 PM »
We will be using this site for F4B information and updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all,

I've talked to the sub-committee chairman today about the upcoming 2024 World Championships.  We discussed the location which will be in Ploiesti, Romania there at the airport, which is a great location.  Same place that was held in 2016.

Most of the contestants and judges stayed at the Hotel Central there in Ploiesti where there are several shops and places to eat besides the hotel.  I checked today and rooms there now are about $70 per night and Romania does not use the Euro for their currency, so like 2016 it should be much cheaper for us to travel there and eat as well.

Pal said he has a verbal confirmation from the head of the Romanian Sports Authority the following classes will be held including F4C, F4H and F4B.  As to the dates it will be sometime late July or early August.

You want to be sure and check the sizes of needed model boxes before getting to the airport and having an over size box.

Everyone who goes will have to have their FAI Stamp as well as the USA Passport.  Be sure to check TSA travel limitations for things like liquids including fuel, batteries etc.

More information will be coming out later this year and I know Pal is pushing the Romanians to publish more information soon.

Cheers,

Stan Alexander

Allen, can you point me at more information regarding the 2024 event mentioned in Stan's message?  I looked on the FAI website and there is no World Championships listed for 2024 for F4, and I am wondering why.

Also wondering of the involvement of F4B since the FAI Sporting Code doesn't list it as one of the events for "Current World Championships", only F4C and F4H. (See section C.15.2.1 of the CIAM General Rules.  https://www.fai.org/sites/default/files/sc4_vol_ciam_general_rules_23.pdf )

I know there's a lot going on for F4, I'm just trying to get caught up on it.

Regards,

Bill Lee
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 05:27:37 AM »
Bill, as I understand it, the Romanian aero club is in the process of putting the world championships together. Believe me I’m more than ready to see everything in black and white. Patience is not one of my strengths.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here