News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:38:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: F4B @ FAI  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
F4B @ FAI
« on: April 25, 2021, 12:46:16 PM »
Good news.  D>K
Talks are going on about reinstating F4B into the F4 world championships. I have been in contact with FAI across the pond about this subject. There is the possibility of selecting a C/L scale team along with the RC scale team to compete in the 2024 FAI world championships.
There maybe some adjusting the F4B rules to encourage more participation from around the world. So.................if you are interested in representing the USA in world competition get to building.
The team will consist of 3 members selected from a team trial in 2023 at AMA.
The last time the USA fielded an F4 team was 2010. Lets go scale controliners.
Stay tuned for further developments.
Blessings
Allen

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: F4B @ FAI
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 07:57:55 AM »
Good news.  D>K
Talks are going on about reinstating F4B into the F4 world championships. I have been in contact with FAI across the pond about this subject. There is the possibility of selecting a C/L scale team along with the RC scale team to compete in the 2024 FAI world championships.
There maybe some adjusting the F4B rules to encourage more participation from around the world. So.................if you are interested in representing the USA in world competition get to building.
The team will consist of 3 members selected from a team trial in 2023 at AMA.
The last time the USA fielded an F4 team was 2010. Lets go scale controliners.
Stay tuned for further developments.
Blessings
Allen

How does this work Allen?

Can the team, you actually, fly someone else's model?

I'm thinking my Gee Bee Z may be a contender?

If there's a scale builder in my area or close, be nice to have the model critiqued while just framed.

Pointless to continue with a product that won't, cut the mustard, so to speak.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 02:16:15 PM »
Wait until the rules are set and then read them? S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 02:34:34 PM »
Wait until the rules are set and then read them? S?P

Yea well, it could be quite awhile from now and there isn't a great deal of time.

I wish you had an idea, even a tad, what it takes to put together a world class scale model.

I'm not even sure if I'm up for that challenge.

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline chuck snyder

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 04:43:10 PM »
Charles,
"Team" means the three guys (or gals) whose scores add together to compute the score of the American team. In FAI competition the builder and flyer must be one and the same.
Chuck

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 06:52:23 PM »
Yea well, it could be quite awhile from now and there isn't a great deal of time.

I wish you had an idea, even a tad, what it takes to put together a world class scale model.

I'm not even sure if I'm up for that challenge.
I am fairly sure u are not. it has to fly LL~
rad racer

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 09:08:08 AM »
I am fairly sure u are not. it has to fly LL~

I have models to fly. And I do.

I just don't have to report my flight time or progress to the likes of anyone.

Are you building better looking models now?

Share some photos. 

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 10:05:06 AM »
I have models to fly. And I do.

I just don't have to report my flight time or progress to the likes of anyone.

Share some photos.

And just like you don't have to report your flight times, we don't have to report or show off our building efforts. We can tell by your posts that you do not fly your models and you have said so yourself, otherwise why would you be interested in having someone fly your models in a competition?

And while you may think you are capable of building a competitive scale model, judging from the endless postings of the same old airplanes, you haven't done anything remotely similar. All you efforts are rather abstract and don't really look like anything in particular. Just because you like it, and garner a few positive comments, doesn't mean it would stand up against judging of any kind.

You look down your nose at us and say we have no idea what it takes to build a world class scale model, but I know you don't either, and I can tell just from your posts. I have built only one, easy does it scale model just for fun and it has done OK in local competition. It is also a competent stunt model. I have known and are friends with several people who have built and FLOWN competitive scale models, so I am very familiar with what it takes to build one, and maybe in retirement I may make the effort to build something more detailed and precise. I have the required plans, kits, documentation and such when needed.

So, if you think you can actually accomplish some thing in the order of a competitive F4-B scale model, you had better get busy and start building and also accumulating handle time. You only have a couple of years!

Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 10:30:24 AM »

Charles,

That is a totally inappropriate condescending remark!

Bob Whitney has been and is one of the top racing modelers in the country for years.  He has been on the US Team for F2C a number of times.  His models are on par with the best of the world.  He was competitive in the speed events for years.  He was a formidable combat pilot.  He has built and flown a competitive Profile Scale model.  He has a 1/2A scale model that has won or placed well at significant contests around the country.

Charles, I will be willing to remove this post if you would remove your asinine statement.

Keith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 11:20:22 AM »
Charles,

That is a totally inappropriate condescending remark!

Bob Whitney has been and is one of the top racing modelers in the country for years.  He has been on the US Team for F2C a number of times.  His models are on par with the best of the world.  He was competitive in the speed events for years.  He was a formidable combat pilot.  He has built and flown a competitive Profile Scale model.  He has a 1/2A scale model that has won or placed well at significant contests around the country.

Charles, I will be willing to remove this post if you would remove your asinine statement.

Keith

Keith,

How many years did you troll me?

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 11:42:27 AM »
Keith,

How many years did you troll me?

By your definition, probably since the first time you posted on this forum.

But this time, I do not consider my remarks about your question to Bob Whitney as a troll.  It would be the polite thing to do if you would remove your asinine, totally irresponsible, condescending, inappropriate comment.  You have embarrassed yourself.  If you cannot understand that, you are beyond help.

Keith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 12:24:13 PM »
By your definition, probably since the first time you posted on this forum.

But this time, I do not consider my remarks about your question to Bob Whitney as a troll.  It would be the polite thing to do if you would remove your asinine, totally irresponsible, condescending, inappropriate comment.  You have embarrassed yourself.  If you cannot understand that, you are beyond help.

Keith

Bob Whitney also trolled me for years.

Anytime "you" guys wish to apologize, I'll except it.

Otherwise, I fully know your character and what it represents.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 01:48:06 PM »
Well I made a statement after one of his remarks and now wish I had skipped it like I have of all his posts.   I can still remember hw we of the modeling community tried to help him only to be put down.  I know most of the gentlemen that calls trolls.  I guess we all should just ignore him from this day forward. S?P H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 06:25:00 PM »
Well I made a statement after one of his remarks and now wish I had skipped it like I have of all his posts.   I can still remember hw we of the modeling community tried to help him only to be put down.  I know most of the gentlemen that calls trolls.  I guess we all should just ignore him from this day forward. S?P H^^

You stick up for these guys and you've been a troll also even admitting it.

"We" in the modeling community.

Exactly what can you do to help me?

John, I'm already ignored.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/cfc-graphics/trolls-and-trolling-the-truth/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:20:53 AM by Avaiojet »

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 06:10:18 AM »
It is remarkable how an topic can get lost on this website!
Can you guys start your own thread and leave this one to constructive participation on F4B Q’ & A’s ?.........gee.
Blessings
Allen

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 09:11:47 AM »
It is remarkable how an topic can get lost on this website!
Can you guys start your own thread and leave this one to constructive participation on F4B Q’ & A’s ?.........gee.
Blessings
Allen

Have it removed and start fresh.

Always keep in mind, I never start this.

We know this behavior follow's me everywhere I go.

"The path of the righteous man."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:15:39 AM by Avaiojet »

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 11:13:26 AM »
Have it removed and start fresh.

Always keep in mind, I never start this.

We know this behavior follow's me everywhere I go.

I thought I was through with you.  You,  that means YOU, are the one who started this round of nonsense.  This started as a discussion on the FAI restarting the control line scale event for world championship competition.  You entered the discussion with a simple question though it showed your total lack of knowledge on F4B event rules.  Questions, even from idiots, are allowed on this forum.  But then you made a comment that disparaged the models built by an individual.  It was totally inappropriate, unnecessary, out of line, totally off topic, and even for you, it was embarrassing.  Your comment really deserved an apology from you.  I called you on that comment and offered that if you retract or apologize for it, I would remove my post that called you on your misstep.  Instead, you doubled down on your self imposed and self assumed issue that I, and then others, "bully" you.  Now your claim that YOU did not start this.  Well, this time you did start this and now you are exacerbating your self imposed problem.  You did not even have to apologize.  Just remove your statement from your post and all of this would have been avoided.

One begins to wander that you really enjoy this.

Keith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 12:08:53 PM »
I thought I was through with you.  You,  that means YOU, are the one who started this round of nonsense.  This started as a discussion on the FAI restarting the control line scale event for world championship competition.  You entered the discussion with a simple question though it showed your total lack of knowledge on F4B event rules.  Questions, even from idiots, are allowed on this forum.  But then you made a comment that disparaged the models built by an individual.  It was totally inappropriate, unnecessary, out of line, totally off topic, and even for you, it was embarrassing.  Your comment really deserved an apology from you.  I called you on that comment and offered that if you retract or apologize for it, I would remove my post that called you on your misstep.  Instead, you doubled down on your self imposed and self assumed issue that I, and then others, "bully" you.  Now your claim that YOU did not start this.  Well, this time you did start this and now you are exacerbating your self imposed problem.  You did not even have to apologize.  Just remove your statement from your post and all of this would have been avoided.

One begins to wander that you really enjoy this.

Keith

What are you "lacking" to be so jealous of what I am. Your lust for hate goes back 9 or so years.

From the guy who built a NATS winner at 42" in span and 82 ounces.

I don't have you on my mind.

Get some help.

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2021, 02:17:38 PM »
What are you "lacking" to be so jealous of what I am. Your lust for hate goes back 9 or so years.

From the guy who built a NATS winner at 42" in span and 82 ounces.

I don't have you on my mind.

Get some help.

Your comments and what I say here are totally off topic, but this will be said anyway.

Yes, that scale airplane was a bit on the heavy side.  But it actually flew.  It flew well enough to win three trophies at National level of competition.  It garnered high appearance points at each of those three Nationals where it was entered, and flew well enough to win first place at the 2000 Nats.  That airplane now resides in the AMA museum at Muncie.  I have also had some stunt ships that flew pretty well at several Nationals.

Also, I do not see how you find "hate" in anything I have written in any response I have ever made to anything that you have written.

I do not understand that if you do not have me on your mind, how is it that you often respond to what I have posted?  You should remember that you started this round in this thread by your unprovoked and totally inappropriate comment to a nationally recognized modeler.  You could have deleted that comment and totally avoided this silly round of posts.

Keith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2021, 03:35:51 PM »
Your comments and what I say here are totally off topic, but this will be said anyway.

Yes, that scale airplane was a bit on the heavy side.  But it actually flew.  It flew well enough to win three trophies at National level of competition.  It garnered high appearance points at each of those three Nationals where it was entered, and flew well enough to win first place at the 2000 Nats.  That airplane now resides in the AMA museum at Muncie.  I have also had some stunt ships that flew pretty well at several Nationals.

Also, I do not see how you find "hate" in anything I have written in any response I have ever made to anything that you have written.

I do not understand that if you do not have me on your mind, how is it that you often respond to what I have posted?  You should remember that you started this round in this thread by your unprovoked and totally inappropriate comment to a nationally recognized modeler.  You could have deleted that comment and totally avoided this silly round of posts.

Keith

Hey!

Robert didn't erase each and every trolling or bulling response from you guys. There's still much around. Plenty in fact, you just need to know where to look.

Awards or not, you're still a troll. You trolled me just about every day in every one of my Threads, regardless of the topic.

We're both X Military, and I'm X something else besides that, so telling the truth means a great deal to me.

Tell me I'm not telling the truth about you trolling me for years.

I've had two, only two guys out of, what 60 or so, for years, only these two apologized. One, out loud in the Forum.

I don't care if you keep trolling me or not, same with these other trolls, muddying up innocent modelers Threads just to take a shot at me. Trolls MO.

Trolls have absolutely no consideration for others.

Admit you've trolled me for years, still do, apologize, and we're done. Otherwise, say nothing where you're trolling nose doesn't belong. Same with the rest of you!

Now go cry to mommy, like you guys always do, begging to have me tossed when I start NOTHING, or have my words cleaned up. Trolls just had my Thread removed.

Always when I pin ears back.

I don't care about your sickening accomplishments anywhere. I'd rather see substance in your character. Man up and show some substance. You have a long overdue apology to the Forum members.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/cfc-graphics/trolls-and-trolling-the-truth/

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here