Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Scale Models

F4B @ FAI

<< < (2/4) > >>

bob whitney:

--- Quote from: Avaiojet on April 27, 2021, 02:34:34 PM ---Yea well, it could be quite awhile from now and there isn't a great deal of time.

I wish you had an idea, even a tad, what it takes to put together a world class scale model.

I'm not even sure if I'm up for that challenge.

--- End quote ---
I am fairly sure u are not. it has to fly LL~

Avaiojet:

--- Quote from: bob whitney on April 27, 2021, 06:52:23 PM --- I am fairly sure u are not. it has to fly LL~

--- End quote ---

I have models to fly. And I do.

I just don't have to report my flight time or progress to the likes of anyone.

Are you building better looking models now?

Share some photos. 

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Avaiojet on April 28, 2021, 09:08:08 AM ---I have models to fly. And I do.

I just don't have to report my flight time or progress to the likes of anyone.

Share some photos.

--- End quote ---

And just like you don't have to report your flight times, we don't have to report or show off our building efforts. We can tell by your posts that you do not fly your models and you have said so yourself, otherwise why would you be interested in having someone fly your models in a competition?

And while you may think you are capable of building a competitive scale model, judging from the endless postings of the same old airplanes, you haven't done anything remotely similar. All you efforts are rather abstract and don't really look like anything in particular. Just because you like it, and garner a few positive comments, doesn't mean it would stand up against judging of any kind.

You look down your nose at us and say we have no idea what it takes to build a world class scale model, but I know you don't either, and I can tell just from your posts. I have built only one, easy does it scale model just for fun and it has done OK in local competition. It is also a competent stunt model. I have known and are friends with several people who have built and FLOWN competitive scale models, so I am very familiar with what it takes to build one, and maybe in retirement I may make the effort to build something more detailed and precise. I have the required plans, kits, documentation and such when needed.

So, if you think you can actually accomplish some thing in the order of a competitive F4-B scale model, you had better get busy and start building and also accumulating handle time. You only have a couple of years!

Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Trostle:

--- Quote from: Avaiojet on April 28, 2021, 09:08:08 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Charles,

That is a totally inappropriate condescending remark!

Bob Whitney has been and is one of the top racing modelers in the country for years.  He has been on the US Team for F2C a number of times.  His models are on par with the best of the world.  He was competitive in the speed events for years.  He was a formidable combat pilot.  He has built and flown a competitive Profile Scale model.  He has a 1/2A scale model that has won or placed well at significant contests around the country.

Charles, I will be willing to remove this post if you would remove your asinine statement.

Keith

Avaiojet:

--- Quote from: Trostle on April 28, 2021, 10:30:24 AM ---Charles,

That is a totally inappropriate condescending remark!

Bob Whitney has been and is one of the top racing modelers in the country for years.  He has been on the US Team for F2C a number of times.  His models are on par with the best of the world.  He was competitive in the speed events for years.  He was a formidable combat pilot.  He has built and flown a competitive Profile Scale model.  He has a 1/2A scale model that has won or placed well at significant contests around the country.

Charles, I will be willing to remove this post if you would remove your asinine statement.

Keith

--- End quote ---

Keith,

How many years did you troll me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version